Many of you have heard the big news, but for those that haven't Amy is pregnant, and I'm pretty sure I'm the father. We found out about a month ago; Amy took the pregnancy test while we were living at Buck's. We were going to try and keep it under the radar until the morning we left for Ohio. We were at my Dad and Jodi's and as I was in the living room talking to them, Amy could be heard in the bathroom puking her guts out. I was sitting there thinking 'it's gonna be hard to keep this quiet'. So she came out and said 'let's just tell them,' so we've been telling everyone. Until we know what we're having, we're just calling our unborn child 'The Buckeye'.
Because of the pregnancy, Amy has become the first one to throw up in our marriage. She has been exceedingly sick the past three weeks. It's the worst feeling watching the one you love wretch and heave and all you can do is stand there and watch. Amy has been a champ though. She gets down from time to time, but I think she knows that it'll all be worth it (call it mother's intuition).
We were fortunate to have Amy's parents come out here for a few days and help us get completely moved in. I joked with them that after I am retired, my kids are on their own. I will be too busy doing other things to fly half way across America just to help unpack and hang pictures. They are wonderful in-laws, and we loved having them here.
Orientation finished this week, and it was a cool experience. My main feeling after orientation is that I'm pretty sure I'm going to get my money's worth out of business school because I don't know very much. I met my first year group today, and I couldn't have asked for a better group. There are five of us total; Kailas (from India), Tom (from Pittsburgh), TS (from Korea), and Leighann (from Indiana, who was a pitcher for Purdue in her undergrad years). From the moment we met, we all got along really well. Although we'll see how chummy we all are at the end of the year.
No comments:
Post a Comment