
The week started off with a bang! Anyone who knows Will, knows he is absolutely obsessed with fireworks. Mom and Dad just happened to have an entire box of sparklers on hand (isn't it a Grandparent's duty to have pretty much anything you could ever need/want stashed away somewhere?). Needless to say, the sparklers were a big hit with all the cousins.
Sadly, Cort was only with us for two days before heading off to MI for more work. But before he left, Grandpa pulled out all the stops and pulled out the bottle rocket launcher. Imagine a kid on Christmas morning and that's exactly how Will reacted to this super cool invention. Cortney's comment on Grandpa bringing out the bottle rocket launcher, "you know that's just not fair for anyone who ever wanted to be Will's best friend." it's true. If there were ever a question about who Will's favorite person was, Grandpa clinched it when he pulled out the bottle rockets.

These kids had WAY too much fun together. Will is finally old enough to understand who cousins are and he has been asking for Clark and Ava since we have been home. I really felt guilty tearing them away at the end of our trip. Left to right: Mae, Duke, Ava, Clark, Lauren, Will, and Dean.

Next, we found the secret music hideaway in the upstairs apartment leading to Uncle Jared's drums. When questioned if it would be ok if Will played his drums, Jared said, "Well he can't bang on them harder than I can, so I don't think he can really do any damage." good point. Will exhibited excellent rhythm and time. No surprise. What other hand-eye coordination activity can Will dominate?

No trip to Papa's is complete without a plethora of woodworking projects. At just 3, Papa says Will has far and away the best accuracy with a hammer of all of the grandkids (the oldest are almost 8). I couldn't be prouder:) Will could do side projects with Dad all day long.

We had a home run derby with the cousins. It was so fun! Here Clark is up to bat and in true Clark style is wearing a helmet in case the lethal woffle ball were to accidentally hit him. Grandma played pitcher and Will and Lauren were outfielders.

We also celebrated Ava's 5th birthday with pink heart shaped chocolate chip pancakes for lunch. Mae even said, "Oh my gosh-how do you make these? They are SO good!" Didn't
have the heart to tell her they were Krustez, and told her they were a secret recipe instead.

Snack time during one of the daily play dates. Ava really is a happy kid, she just puts on an I'm-too-cool-for-pictures look when I pull out my camera.

Duke enjoying more snacks after all the big kids have lost interest.

Will enjoyed making his first spreadsheet while in CA. Dad (Cort) was beaming with pride. Will has a bright future in analytics.

Papa watching Polar Express with the boys. This picture happened every night. Precious.

Our trip ended with the most amazing day at the beach. It's was too beautiful for words.



Duke particularly enjoyed burrowing in puddles.

And just like that, it was time to come home. I absolutely loved this trip and actually didn't want to come home. It was so nice to have a break from all of Will's appointments-I think that was my favorite part. While Cort was there, my siblings and I were able to go out to dinner sans kids and it was so fun. We laughed so hard and it was so great to reconnect with them without having to chase the kids all around in between sentences. I also absolutely loved my time with Emily and Tara. We had Way too much fun together.
Until Yosemite June 2012!!
No comments:
Post a Comment