Monday, February 16, 2015

So many adventures have happened since the last post, and at the moment, I can't dedicate enough mental energy to chronicle them like I'd like to. But it's the ordinary things that make the steady beat of lives and the last few days have been very ordinary, but in a very pleasant way. Cortney had Friday off, so we were able to both go to Will's school valentine party, as well as pick up Duke from school and even run errands alone while Cort napped with Matt.

Friday nights are somewhat sacred in our marriage. We block them out to watch TV and just catch up on cerebral conversation we don't have time to talk about during the week. We talk about NPR stories, Harvard Business Review articles, plan the next week, etc. It's our favorite time of the week as a couple. This particular night we watched the 30 for 30 about the Russian hockey team from the 1980 Olympics.

Saturday we spent the day with the YM. We went to watch them at church basketball games, then their eagle projects, and then played the rest of the day.

Sunday was church, then veg while Cort goes to meetings, then a long walk for me and Matt (a weekly tradition), and then the park.

Today, I had plans for adventures but Matt seemed under the weather and I just didn't have the adventuring zeal that I normally do (blame it on the rain). I sent Cort and the older boys to the dollar theater while I mopped and watched Downton Abbey. Then I switched with Cort and took the kids to the aquarium while he rested. Right now I'm at Duke's karate lesson and it feels so good to be with the parent drones, looking down at my phone, instead of chasing Matt around like a madwoman and everyone looking at me (Matt and Will ate home with Cort). Yay for ordinary long weekends!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: