Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Memory Foam


While we were in UT during Christmas, we stayed at the lovely Hotel Stott. That's our friends Pete and Marie's house and they always take such good care of us whenever we're there that it really feels like we're staying at a resort. On top of the amazing location, superior service, and scrumptious food of Hotel Stott, they also have the best bed in town. Cal King, 600 thread count sheets, and the clincher-memory foam mattress pad. After a night of blissful sleep, I was determined to recreate this with our own queen size bed.


Once we got home, I started scouring stores to find a good deal on high thread count sheets and I was able to find 600 thread count sheets at Target on sale for $45! Marie told me that their memory foam was going to be on sale at Costco pretty soon, so Cortney and I counted down the days until last Monday, in honor of Dr. King himself, we decided that nothing celebrated civil rights more than a blissful night of rest and made the trek to Costco to purchase our beloved item. We decided that since I still spend most of my days in bed, it was worth the investment to make things a little more comfy, and boy, did it ever!


We came home unfolded it, let it poof up, then placed the 4 inch thick sleeping masterpiece on our bed and decided to call it a night a little early. The foam and the sheets were made for each other, just like peas and carrots. We LOVE our new little friends and every night when we call it a day, Cortney says, "I love bed." Couldn't agree more babe.

3 comments:

Marie Stott said...

I am so glad to hear that we have inspired you. I am glad you are having blissful nights. WE LOVE YOU!! And Amy I will be calling you soon about the hilarious message you left earlier this week. Haa Haa

Emmy said...

Amen to the memory foam! The best decision we made with our new matress was to have a memory foam pillow top. IT's great. . . you get all of the support you need from the spring system, but the comfort of the foam, too. Heaven.
I think I'm going to bed now.

Pete Stott said...

I'd write the lyrics to "Be Our Guest" from Beauty and the Beast (I know them all), but I'll spare you.

I'm glad that we were able to introduce you to your new friend, Bed.