When I started this blog, I wanted it to be really funny and witty about everyday life... and it has turned into travel logs because of my laziness. I really love writing and I wanted this to be a good way for me to keep it up so I could always stay on my game, but it seems that whenever I sit down I only have a few minutes and I can only give the basics of our life. That being said, it's one of my resolutions to be a better writer on the blog... but that will have to start next post. I have to be quick so Cortney and I can leave to go study at the library.
We had our 24 week appointment today and I have made it back to my pre-pregnancy weight! I lost 20 lbs in the first trimester and its been a long road to getting it back. At our last appointment (20 weeks) I was about 4 lbs away and my doctor made it clear that I needed to eat whatever I could to try and gain some more weight. I'm pretty sure that Christmas put me over the edge because I never had to cook and there was always something to eat. Thanks Mom! It sounds insanely odd, but gaining those few extra lbs was a big accomplishment for the Buckeye and I.
In other news, Cort was offered a Graduate Assistantship Position with the Chinese department. It's a part-time job (10 hours a week) and he does mostly office work and works on some other projects they have going on (like planning the Chinese New Year banquet). This position was very unexpected and we are both so thankful for it. He gets a monthly stipend as well as a good chunk of his tuition reimbursed.
We continue to love C-Bus and every day comment on how things just seem to fall into place for us all the time. And its everything from big things (assistantship, and other job opportunities) to seemingly small things. Like yesterday I went to Target to look at infant car seats and I got an $80 car seat for $20! It was mismarked and I pointed it out to the employee and they said I could have it for the wrong price! And my part-time file reading position for the business school increased by 40%, giving us more income opportunities. I was driving in the car yesterday and I thought about the hymn "Count Your Many Blessings" and I really felt like I couldn't even begin to number what amazing things have happened to us since we've been here. But enough of the sappy stuff...
There was a big storm last night and around midnight they issued a tornado warning! Our apartment is on the corner of the building and 2 walls in our bedroom are basically 70% windows. Being afraid that the 60+ mph could potentially break the windows, we set up the camping mattress in the living room and camped out for the night. No damage was done, but parts of downtown did have some flooding damage and the convention center had to be closed. However, the weather is gorgeous today- blue skies, comfortable temperature, etc., so go figure.
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is awesome about both of your job opportunities and the car seat. Congrats!
Hey Cort/Amy!
I found your blog through other friends blogs. I'm so happy for you guys! Congrats on the little addition! When are you due?
Take care!
I like you guys. I miss you.
Post a Comment