Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Garden Pictures

This strip of dirt is our garden. It used to have hosta plants in it, but I transplanted them to the front yard and I'm happy to report, they are still alive and kicking after my first transplant procedure. It was touch and go there for a minute, but luckily they were able to hang on and we can expect a full recovery. The biggest plant in front is the zucchini. The little guy next to it is the yellow squash and I'm not sure why its not flourishing like its green sister, but maybe its a late bloomer due to jealousy.
These bushy plants along the left side are the tomatoes. They are looking awesome! Next to them are the peppers which are looking equally awesome. Next to them are the strawberries. I learned that strawberry plants don't produce their first year and after telling this to a very disappointed Cort, he said something to the effect of, "We can put a man on the moon, but we can't figure out a way to get strawberries the first year?!"

Last, but not least, our herb garden. We made the planter box ourselves (I know, I'm amazed myself) and next to it (left) is our soon to be pumpkin patch. All are alive and well!


And I threw this one in because sometimes you just feel like wearing a boot... and that's it.



3 comments:

Tamber said...

sometimes i wear a boot around and that's it. I dont blame him. haha. He is a lot like his cousin Marcus. They both like to be naked.
I love your garden. looks great.

TheSchmierneys said...

I hope the pictures of me and the boot NEVER surface! Too cute! Hope I'm lucky enough to score a jar of salsa at the end of the summer! Oh and i just read that you need to trim back your tomato plants so that the main stalks produce big juicy tomatoes.... I've never done it, but and gonna see what I can find to advise us in the correct tomato triming procedures!

The Katzbox said...

Beautiful. And adorable.