Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I think we're moving to Stepford...

We signed a lease this week for a 3 bed/2 bath house in Vienna, VA. How much, you ask? You don't want to know. But I will say that this house with a yard, was only $150 more than some of the 2 bed condos we were looking at. An older couple raised their kids there and were dead set on a "cute young family" living there, and after they had said no to 10 other people, we're the lucky family!

I was told that the address of this house was in a really good neighborhood full of older homes (think the cape cod homes in UA) with lots of fun things close by. After further review, I'm convinced we are moving to the most perfect town on the planet.

1) let's talk walkability. We are a 1 mile walk from: 2 parks, the library, community center, grocery store, restaurants, metro, elementary school, yoga studio, gym, bank, and pretty much anything else you could ever need.

2) there's a bike trail close by the house that goes all the way into the District lined by parks and bed and breakfasts. We, suddenly, desperately need bikes.

3) the community center offers classes and activities for all ages. Toddler tumbling? Check. Adult tap dancing? Check. Family field trips to plays at the Kennedy Center? Check.

4) the mayor volunteers at the library on Tuesday nights.

5) all the schools are ranked at least 8 out of 10 in a 10 mile radius.

6) kids can write Santa a letter, mail it to the community center, and Santa will send them a letter back to their house! Not joking, kids.

On a side note, I'm exhausted. Does anyone else dream of checking into a hotel by themselves for a few days, just to sleep? I slept 10 hours last night and felt twice as tired when I woke up this morning. Why is that? Do mom's get "sick days"? Where we can just lay in bed because we just aren't quite ready to face the world?

I think I'm going to start a competition where a bunch of tired moms get together and they each get a hotel room and 1 ambien. They can wake up to eat once, and the mom who sleeps the most in a 24 hour period, wins. I'm betting I could sleep 17 hours or so right now.

And, with that, I'm going to bed. It's 8 pm. Hope I feel better tomorrow. And, that dull headache I've had for a week dies in my slumber. I have zero sympathy for it. Die, headache. Die.




1 comment:

TheSchmierneys said...

Sounds like the perfect place for Aunt Sassy to visit! Sad to see you go, but glad things are working out! And just think.... now you get to be a stepford wife......HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Oh and I am totally willing to participate in the Mom sleeping contest! I could give you a run for your money I bet! :)