1. Whoever invented the crockpot/roast/Lipton soup mix combo gets a free pass to the C Kingdom in my book. Best throw together no headache at dinnertime dinner, ever.
For the record the best version is: cover the crock pot in carrots. Place roast on top. Sprinkle TWO Lipton soups on top o the roast. Pour ONE can of beef broth around the roast, but not on top of it. Sprinkle everything with black pepper. Low for 7-8 hrs.
2. I love the texts/emails Lauren Stacy and I send each other throughout the day- 98% o them concerning Jef and Emily from The Bachelor. These messages could be best described as stalkerish and slightly pathetic but they bring me so much joy, you just don't even know. I think Lauren said it best when she said that watching Jef and Emily on YouTube was better than seeing a chick flick in the theater. Agreed.
In a related note, I rewatched every one on one they had while on the treadmill at the gym yesterday. Easiest 75 minute walk of my life.
3. Trader Joes sponsors my life. Fortunately/sadly Trader Joes is the cheapest grocery store option in DC, so we go there frequently. I have been especially loving their frozen meals as of late. Not expensive and super tasty. They keep me alive when Cort travels. And sometimes I'll heat up two of them for dinner, for me and Cort to eat when he's home, because I'm a cool wife like that. Other favorites from TJs- pizza dough, dark chocolate, pepperonis, high fiber Cheerios, granola bars.
4. September 4th (the day Will goes back to school) is going to feel like the adult version of Christmas morning. I'm beginning to see the value of year-round school. 3 months off the school makes for too much Coke needed for parents to keep up. Counting down the days until I can start taking naps with Duke again.
5. After two road trips by myself with the boys, I really think I have it down. I'm already itching for another one.
Wednesday, August 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Also was obsessed with jeff and Emily :)
Also was obsessed with Jeff and Emily :)
Post a Comment