Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Granola Baked Apples- Dessert and Breakfast in One





Sorry, the presentation isn't that great. I made it in a foil pan because we're taking it to the volunteer firefighters today.

There are very few things you can make for dessert, that can also classify as an almost healthy breakfast. This is one of them. I took my favorite apple crisp recipe and cut way back on the sugar and butter, and left one sweet dessert/breakfast/side dish.

Fill a 9x13 with peeled, cored, sliced apples (large slices), about halfway up the sides of the pan. About 10 apples.

In a small bowl, combine:

1/2 c sugar
1 T flour
1/2T-1 T cinnamon (depending on your cinnamon preferences)
1/4 t nutmeg

Sprinkle liberally over apples.

In another bowl combine:

1 c oatmeal
2/3 c flour
1/2 c brown sugar
1/4 t baking soda
1/4 t baking powder
1/4 c chopped pecans
5 T melted butter

Combine until a crumbly, somewhat wet, mixture. Crumble over apples.

Bake at 350 for 20 min or until apples are at desired softness.

1 comment:

TheSchmierneys said...

Your going to die... I made this EXACT thing today! I always make it atleast once in the fall.... YUMMY