Get Will to school.
Take Duke to the Dr with me.
Dr gets to the office 1 hr late (delivering babies).
Dr decides I need a PICC line because I've gone through 4 midlines and all have failed.
It takes Dr and nurses 15 min to call around to figure out where I can get a PICC line because those are placed in the hospital, but I don't need to be admitted for any reason.
Nurse finally tells me the hospital will call me today to tell me what time to come.
I leave the Dr 2 hrs later. Duke is somehow still happy when we leave.
Take Duke to Chick Fil A for lunch.
While Duke plays I call the imaging center to schedule a growth ultrasound.
Call Cort to tell him scheduled time.
Cort informs me he is out of town that day.
Call imaging center and reschedule ultrasound.
Get home and put Duke to bed for nap.
He sleeps less than an hr.
Hospital finally calls around 2:30 to tell me they are ready for me at the hospital.
I call Cort and he says he can leave work early, but bought Nats tickets for he and Will that night at 7 for Will's birthday.
I call my neighbor to see if she can take Duke for an hour until Cort gets home.
She can, but she is at the park with her grandchildren.
Drop off Duke at the park and put car seat in neighbor's car.
On the way to the hospital, Cort calls and says he won't make it home in time to get Will from the bus.
I turn around to go load up Corts bike to drop it off at the metro so he can get home faster for the bus.
After I get home, I realize they told me it would take a few hours at the hospital and even after I get there, I wouldn't get home in time for Cort and Will to get to the game.
I call the hospital and tell them I'm not coming and I'll figure it out next week.
Go back to the park and get Duke and put car seat back in car.
Go pick up Cort at the metro.
On the way to the metro, I get a call from Will's bus driver saying (broken english) they were at our house (30 min early) because there were few kids today.
I tell her I'll be home in 3 min.
Pull onto our street 3 min later and there is no bus.
Call the number the bus driver called me from and no answer. Twice.
I head over to the school since that's where the bus goes back to.
No bus there.
Call bus driver again and she answers. I ask where they are and she says (broken English) they are in front of the house.
I tell her not to move with forceful tone.
Turn around and go home.
Bus is there and we get Will off.
Cort tells Will he has tickets for the baseball game.
Will days he doesn't want to go.
I ask if I should find a babysitter and Cort and I go (our first date since pre-plague).
Everyone likes this idea better.
Call our babysitter Harriaon across the street and he is available (miraculously on such short notice).
I tell him to come over in 2 hrs.
An hour later, Duke is acting weird.
He's whiny and crying.
Cort sits him on his lap and says he feels warm.
I take his temp: 102.8
Motrin administered.
20 min later and he's still acting the same.
I take the tickets over to Harrison and tell him to use them because Duke is sick and we can't go.
30 min later, I see Harrison and his friend leave to go to the game and they both thank me from across the street.
20 min after that, Duke's fever has broken and he's acting mostly normal again.
And there's still one more hour until bedtime.
Saturday, April 27, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Such a sad story.
that sounds like a miserable, horrible, TERRIBLE day. :(
On days like that I'm just like WTF?!! Why aren't we compensated financially and more visibly than in an annual tax break, I'm assuming/hoping.
Post a Comment