Duke is a very special spirit. He calms people and oozes with joy to everyone he meets. When I was really sick, some women in the ward took turns keeping him for the day for about 5-6 weeks. Most of them were empty nesters or their youngest was in jr high. Every time they would bring Duke home in the evenings, they would always rave about what an easy, fun kid he is. More than a few of them started referring to Duke as their "buddy". In fact, even after I started feeling better and was able to take care of him more, some of the women still asked if they could take him for a morning here and there because they missed being with him.
Duke has really been a calming force in our home for the last 4 mos (really, the last 18 month "rough" patch). At night, he either puts himself to bed, or he'll say "lay down dad/mom?" and that means he's ready to go to bed and wants you to lay down with him for a minute.
He's more quick to share with Will than vice versa and he cheers his brother on constantly. I love when he says Will, sounds like "whee-o".
I love his curly hair. It's the one trait in both of our kids I'm positive he got from me. Everything else is from the scandinavian melting pot that makes up me and Cort's DNA.
He spends hours painting everyday. He's become quite the artist. He loves balloons, dogs, donuts, Popsicles, and merry go rounds more than any child I've ever met. He asked to go to a local farm for his birthday so he could see the sheep, pigs, and chickens. I swear, he is "one" with animals. He would have stayed there lovingly talking and petting the animals all day.
Duke Lane is a sweetheart.

On the potty. He's completely potty trained at home. On the road, it's a different story.

A little too much mascara.

Hard at work.

He put on this shirt and said he was going to work. Hopefully he doesn't think Cort dresses that poorly.

Sneaking balloons into the cart.

Rough day.

The first time he picked out his clothes and got dressed by himself.
No comments:
Post a Comment