"If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report, or praiseworthy, we seek after these things."
Old wisdom, yet these words have been circling my brain constantly for the last month. They say so much in so little space. In all honesty, they have helped make difficult decisions immensely simple. Is this (insert noun here) lovely/uplifting/praiseworthy? Nope? Then I/we don't need it. Simplicity at its finest.
Mostly I feel there is too much good out there to waste time/get caught up in the crap that is so unlovely and uplifting to no one.
I hope my children will know and love these words. I hope they'll have the courage to change the channel, change the topic of conversation, befriend and uplift those with less fortunate circumstances than theirs, and truly seek all that is praiseworthy and be those happy smiling beacons that they are.
Saturday, July 20, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment