Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Today was fun, and I think it's because I didnt overly plan anything. There was a good hour this afternoon where we all just sat on the couch together-and the TV wasn't even on. It reminded me that just doing nothing it really good sometimes...and sometimes it's awful, but today it was really great.

We went to swim team in the morning, then to HEB to get some fruit and milk because we were out, then home for lunch and the afternoon, then swimming for an hr with friends and then dinner and bedtime.

The boys just now fell asleep (8:45 pm) but we've been home together since 6 pm. We ate dinner (made pizza with leftover naan bread---Will ate it!!!), then watched a few bible videos, read books, and read the scriptures. It was really, just, lovely. Earlier this afternoon, for our school lesson, the boys painted all the planets in the solar system. We cut them out and they were really excited to hang them up in their room before bed.

I need to just relax more. Having active days are ok, but for me and my family, we really need to be together at home from 5:30ish on. It just feels so much more loving that way.

Matty just got another tooth on top, so he has 3 now. He's crawling on all fours now and eating a storm. I make him baby food and feed it to him out of these colored plastic cups and he knows when I get one of those cups out its time to eat and he gets very emotional about it! He's still the most mellow happy baby ever. Will is very, shall we say, administrative. We're trying so hard to help him not be bossy, but lets get real, he probably gets it from me. He is doing SO well at backstroke at swimming and has gained a wealth of knowledge about basketball lately. He has been reading about Michael Jordan every night with Cort. I love it. Duke is so funny and sweet, but he's also the kid that can get under your skin the quickest. He is such a charmer though. He's going to have no problems with the ladies. He is such a mean drunk when he's tired, but other than that he's a great kid and can have anyone wrapped around his finger within minutes.

I finished painting two rooms in the house and it looks soooooo good. I'm so anxious to finish painting the rest of the house. Gotta get to work!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: