Saturday, August 2, 2014

Because of some unique circumstances, I got to spend a few hours alone with Duke tonight. I love that kid! He is so sweet and FUNNY! I asked him how I could be a better mom and he said "you could buy me some crabs and then some balloons." The last few weeks have been hard with Will and sometimes I feel like Will takes so much of my time, theres not enough left over for Duke. I'm excited for the school year to start so we can have special time together on a more regular basis. Duke is a kind spirit. And so independent. Not independent, like I have to do everything by myself. Independent like he is so comfortable in his own skin and doesn't need anyone to play with him...he is often found off in a corner playing by himself and not because he's antisocial because he is so social! I think he's just content with himself and his surroundings and is ok just being by himself sometimes.

Matt is 10 mos old today. He has 4 teeth and was sick for the first time this week. I think it was a virus and he had a high fever for a few days. With Motrin he was fine, thankfully. He loves playing with balls and we play catch with him on the floor all the time. He throws with his left hand, but does everything else with his right. I think he's our youngest to throw a ball. He gets so happy to play with the baseball or football. Matt is my only child that I know adores me. The other boys prefer da hands down, but not matty. He's a mommas boy. If Cort gets him out of be in the morning, he'll be perfectly happy until he sees me and then he cries until I hold him. When I sit on the floor, he always crawls towards me and climbs in my lap. I love it. Sometimes I just feel abused by the other boys...it's nice to know I have one baby who will be nice to me.

About a month ago, a good friend and I took our boys to Sea World. It was my favorite time being there. We had so much fun and stayed late. It reminded me that I am happiest when I'm on adventures with my boys.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: