We got back late last night from our 16-day Christmas vacation. It's good to be back, but it was a really good trip and I was actually a little sad to leave. On our last blog, Cort told you about our new little guy- yes, I'm very excited. The night before the ultrasound I was thinking about what sex I wanted the baby to be and I kept thinking about how great Cort had been thus far in the pregnancy and frankly how great he's been for me in every possible way since we've met and I couldn't help but think that I needed a little guy, like him, to hang out with after everything that I've been through this pregnancy. No drama, no strings attached, just a happy little guy to hang out with and laugh with. So yes, we're very pleased and very excited. And don't worry-his name won't be related to BYU football.
The day after the ultrasound, we flew to San Diego. This was the first real travel that I have done while pregnant and boy, was I nervous! Since I seem to get sick at the drop of a hat these past few months, throwing motion into a motion-sick prone girl made for high nerves. I downed 2 Dramamine before the flight and was able to sleep for most of it, but didn't, unfortunately, get to skip out on tossing my cookies right before the flight and praying that I wouldn't have to use one of those bags that are in the seat in front of you with the whole flight being incredibly grossed out and avoiding me like the plague.
We spent a few days in CA before flying up to Utah for the week. Thinking that 5 days would be plenty of time was a mistake because after we got there it seemed that we had a list of people we wanted to visit, but didn't have nearly enough time to see all of them. All apologies to those that we didn't get to see or didn't spend very much time with. We also celebrated our first anniversary while we were there! I can't believe a year has gone by already! Best year of my life, best decision I've ever made, and love that boy more than I can say. Thanks for a great year sweetheart!
We left UT to drive to Las Vegas for the Vegas Bowl on Saturday... an hour into the drive I started throwing up out of nowhere and didn't stop until long after we arrived in Vegas. My sweet dad-in-law paid a small fortune for all of us to go to the bowl game as a Christmas present and I ended up staying in the hotel room puking my guts out. Lame. But what can you do, right? Luckily everything worked out and I felt a little better the next day and we were able to drive to CA and my dad pumped me full of IV's when I got there.
The next week we spent in CA for Christmas and I spent a ton of time with my mom, which hardly ever happens, and that was really nice. We made all of the bedding for the crib and I think the last time we did a sewing project together was when I was in junior high. My dad somehow got tickets to the Monday Night Football Charger game on Christmas Eve and that was really fun to go to. These guys that were sitting behind us (who were very involved in the game) asked Cortney why I wasn't standing up tp cheer on the 3rd down and Cort told them that I was pregnant and not feeling well. On the next third down, they yelled at Cort, "Get up man! you ain't pregnant!" Haha!! Half the fun of sports are watching the people around you.
Cortney and I spent another great day at the beach and did our Christmas shopping for each other on our limited budgets at our favorite outlets (sweater for him, maternity outfit for me) and had a really fun time. My mom and sisters-in-law threw me a baby shower while we were there and I got so many great things that I couldn't even bring it all home. We made it home late last night, made a trip to the grocery store so we wouldn't starve today, and now we're just chillin' for another week together before Cort goes back to school on Friday for the next quarter.
As far as the belly goes, I am 23 weeks today and barely starting to show. My regular pants are getting a little tight, and I choose everyday whether I'll try to squeeze in them another day or succumb to maternity clothes. I think I just entered the "I wonder if she might be pregnant" stage. Before, if you didn't know I was pregnant, it would never even enter your mind. But now that my waistline in expanding a little, I either ate too much of my mom's cherry bars (fabulous!!!) or I got another life in there. I feel him move around all the time and he's an active little guy. Cort feels him all the time too and he gets the biggest, cutest grin on him face when he rubs my belly. And again, he takes such good care of me and always offers to sit on the floor so I can lay down on the couch:) I hope everyone had a great Christmas and holiday season with many fun memories!
Sunday, December 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
LOVE how cute you are! thanks for the smiles and visualization of you and your little fam! love ya!
Post a Comment