

As fate would have it, the day after I wrote the last post I got a migraine. Over the past week, I had been having headaches frequently but they weren't terribly painful. But on Wednesday I got a doozie. I've never really had a headache like that before, but I figured I'd just go to bed early (which usually takes care of my headaches) and I'd wake up a new woman. Nope. Didn't work out like that.
I woke up still feeling the pain and after Cortney left for school, I just laid in bed with a pillow over my head. Seeing as how I haven't really had any headaches previous to this in the pregnancy, I figured I should call my doctor just to let him know what was up. Called the nurse and her response was, "I think you should go to Labor and Delivery and I think you should go right now." Most people when they hear something like that get a little frantic and rush to get things together to go to the hospital, but since comments like that are somewhat routine for us these days, I reacted to it almost like a burden. "Ok.... fine, I'll go get Cort and we'll make our way over to the hospital."
Out-of-the-blue headaches are a big red flag for preeclampsia/toxemia so they immediately hooked me up to the fetal monitor and ran a bunch of tests and thankfully, everything came out fine- just needed some strong pain meds to help out. 2 hours later, I was discharged for the 5th time this pregnancy from Riverside Methodist Hospital. My relationship with that hospital is starting to become strikingly similar to Norm's relationship with Cheers, where everyone knows his name. Anyone wanna wager on how many times I'll have gone to the hospital by the time the buckeye pops out?
I woke up still feeling the pain and after Cortney left for school, I just laid in bed with a pillow over my head. Seeing as how I haven't really had any headaches previous to this in the pregnancy, I figured I should call my doctor just to let him know what was up. Called the nurse and her response was, "I think you should go to Labor and Delivery and I think you should go right now." Most people when they hear something like that get a little frantic and rush to get things together to go to the hospital, but since comments like that are somewhat routine for us these days, I reacted to it almost like a burden. "Ok.... fine, I'll go get Cort and we'll make our way over to the hospital."
Out-of-the-blue headaches are a big red flag for preeclampsia/toxemia so they immediately hooked me up to the fetal monitor and ran a bunch of tests and thankfully, everything came out fine- just needed some strong pain meds to help out. 2 hours later, I was discharged for the 5th time this pregnancy from Riverside Methodist Hospital. My relationship with that hospital is starting to become strikingly similar to Norm's relationship with Cheers, where everyone knows his name. Anyone wanna wager on how many times I'll have gone to the hospital by the time the buckeye pops out?
1 comment:
Go BUCKEYES!
Post a Comment