Monday, March 10, 2008

A Mother's Plea

Dear Buckeye,

Hey little buddy! How are you holding up in there? Getting squished? How's the food been? Those tacos last night treat you right?

I hope you like the little ecosystem I've tried to create for you in there. You're always moving around and because you're inevitably getting bigger, I can always tell when you're moving:) They tell me you should be close to 5 lbs. now and that you're fully developed except for the finishing touches on your little lungs that you'll use to scream at us with.

Can mom ask one little favor of you, junior? Your dad and I just love you so much and can't wait for you to get here, but in the meantime, could you try really hard to not bruise mom's ribs? Those really sharp pains all day long aren't very fun, even though we know it's just your cute little toes getting caught in between mom's lungs and ribs, especially those ones where it feels like you're jabbing a key in between 2 ribs and trying to unlock them. I'm sure your little feet are so adorable and I promise we'll kiss them and give you little foot rubs all day long when you're out, but for the love of all things good and holy, can you just take a break from doing that for the next few weeks? Mom is really tired of it and Dad is really tired of hearing Mom complain about her ribs hurting.

And while we're asking favors, do you think you could come out a little early? Not early, like right now, but early like close to Dad's birthday. However much you love it in there, I promise we'll make up for it out here if you just come out! We'd really just appreciate it if you tried to not come during Dad's midterms.

Thanks honey.

Love,
Mom

2 comments:

Erica said...

you are so cute miss. i can't wait for your little one to come!

Unknown said...

Hey you guys! Tamber told me about your blog, and I'm so glad that I found it! It sounds like you guys are doing well, albeit comfortably well...but I can't believe that you're so close to being due!!!