Friday, November 13, 2009

Update

Here's the run down on our lives right now:

I'm 9 weeks pregnant. Yes, only 9. That means there are quite a few more expected rough weeks ahead.

Cortney holds everything together, like he normally does (bless his soul) and keeps everything running smooth.

I'm down 15 lbs and have decided that pregnancy is the best diet for my body type-no more South Beach, or Atkins, thank you. I lost 20+ lbs with Will, so as long as I don't lose quite that much, I'll consider this a success.

We've had tons of friends offer to help take care of Will, which has been amazing since I can't get off the couch or out of bed most days. I'm writing this from my bed. Will goes to some one's house in the morning, comes home to take a nap, and then someone comes and picks him up for the afternoon shift and Cortney picks him up on his way home from work. It has worked out really well, but I miss seeing him all the time.

Still on the sugar diet. Consumed every possible flavor of Gatorade and decided Gatorade is only good if its really cold.

Not throwing up as much as before, but its definitely still present. The main concern from my medical staff now seems to be my lack of weight gain and that I tend to keep losing even though I can handle more food.

Still stabbing myself with needles and zofran multiple times a day. Shooting up isn't as bad as I expected.

Cortney seems to spend most of his time at work doing projects for the ENT department of the hospital, which he seems to enjoy. He stays busy on the weekend chasing Will, moving people and putting out other fires in the Marble Cliff Ward, and fending off the "bad smell" dragons at home to keep my tummy happy.

Will does the actions for "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes" and "The Itsy Bitsy Spider". Its super cute. He also goes to nursery now and we've been given the homework assignment for the last 2 weeks to teach Will that he should play the the playdoh and not eat it.

We have our first ultrasound December 2nd and we're still holding out for twins. Everyone who has this much trouble getting through pregnancy should get 2 for the price of 1.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Wow, what a pregnancy! You are awesome. Hang in there, if this one is as cute as Will you will have two little heart-breakers on your hands!

Unknown said...

oh my gosh! you're pregnant?! I'm behind the times here. We've been interneless since Friday. Congratulations! And please, let me know what I can do. It's my turn to repay the favor. :)