If you've watched Snow White recently, or in one of it's past "digitally remastered" or "extra scenes" Disney scam releases, you might remember the scene where Snow White stumbles upon the house in the forest where the dwarfs lived. She walked in and saw that it was a mess and she could have done one of two things:
1) Seen the wreckage and walked away, knowing that it would take her days to clean up after their mess. Or if she was slightly more hormonal, she might have sat down a cried feeling overwhelmed by how much there would be to do to clean this house in addition to finding Prince Charming.
or
2) Roll up her sleeves and get to work.
She chose the latter (and lucky for her, a billion furry/over-cheerful animals helped her get the job done quick).
Today, I had one of those days where you almost cringe by 10 am because you just know its going to be bad and you're afraid of how much worse its going to get. One of those days where my divine role of a mother and wife is drastically reduced to that of a helper, and I look selfishly towards a day where I can be taken care of. One of those days where it seems like you'll work and work and work and it will never pay off, and everyone has it so much better than you. It was just one of those days.
So I did what any girl would do. I waited for my kids to fall asleep at nap time and I sat on the couch and cried. For a good 5 or 10 minutes, I just let them fall where they may feeling as though I was the world's punching bag.
And then I rolled up my sleeves and went to work.
I remember a quote from President Monson saying something to the effect that work had the power to heal the soul, and I know it does. Lucky for me, my house looked like the County Health Department needed to step in earlier today and by this evening its looking slightly better.
Tomorrow will be better. I get to sleep in till 7:30, for one. And I get to sleep in because I give myself a day off from waking up at 5:20 to run so I can drop the kids off at the daycare at the gym to go to my favorite weightlifting class. Tomorrow. Just get to tomorrow.
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
This might be bad... but I'm happy you have moments like this too. And, we can both rest assured that it will get better.
It was one of those days where a so called "good friend" RAN out of your House :) .... But I do know those days... on one memorable occassion I threw a match box car across the room as I hollered "why cant we have anything nice" at about the time the matchbox car takes a bad hop and smashes into a window shattering it.....I crumbled to the floor crying because REALLY???? UGH!!! .....Momma said there'd be days like these.... :)
By the way Love the Three Men and an Amy! VERY clever!
I remember those days! In fact, at 57 they still come now and then, but much less frequently. Next time I'll remember Snow White and her friends and think of your post. You're awesome, even when you're crying. :)
Post a Comment