Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Christmas Stories
I've seen a few families who have a Christmas book where they read a story from each night in the month of December. Do any of you have one of those books? If so, I'd love to make a copy of it. I'm trying to think ahead of cool things to do this year for Christmas and I've wanted one of these books for a while. Or is there one I could buy somewhere? And I wanted to do an advent calendar this year and I thought this might be the key to teaching Will to wait patiently for his piece of chocolate while we read a Christmas story at bedtime.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I have a Christmas Story book somewhere...I will have to look for it. I think it is in storage somewhere. My friend made a really cute advent calendar for Christmas out of a cookie sheet (from the dollar store), scrapbook paper that she glued on to decorate it and then she used little matchboxes (that she wrapped in x mas paper too) to hold each candy. i think she said it cost a total of $5 and we are doing them for our super Saturday.
Also...Here are a couple Advent story books that I found online...
1.) http://www.amazon.com/Advent-Storybook-Stories-Before-Christmas/dp/B002QGSX96
2.) Creating your own: http://our.homewithgod.com/mkcathy/MerryChristmas/stories.html
Hey you! I have one! its amazing.. my mom made one a thousand years ago. And then copied it and made chance and I when we got married. Its pretty big, so it will take some time but its really fun christmas tradition I grew up with and now do with my kids. =)
One year we got a book order from the school and it had 20 different Christmas stories in it. We wrapped them up and put them under the tree and every night the kids got to unwrap 1 story and read it. They loved being able to open a present every night and it was fun to read a Christmas story. Then the next year we just wrap up the same books.
I've just spent the last 45 minutes reading your blog. You are so funny! I love reading all that you have to say. The last one I read was the one titled "Mom." I laughed so hard. I guess it is late and I better go to bed.
Your mom is pure in heart. Such a sweet lady.
Post a Comment