I will miss baby Duke very much, but little boy Duke has a ton of perks. Like when he gets the toy microphone and starts yelling into it. Or when he picks up anything and puts it up to his ear, like a phone, and says, "uh?" And my personal favorite, his infamous headstands-really more like downward dog.
Duke is absolutely adorable and I have no qualms saying that, because it's completely true. And I can also say that because I don't think Cort, nor I, have anything to do with his cuteness. He just got the best of the gene pool. The chubby thighs (large saddle bags-I wish they were as cute on me), the crystal blue eyes, and who can ignore his goldilocks mullet of curls?
And his temperament only adds to his perfectly round body. Duke has a magical power that makes people who have no business wanting kids, to want kids-badly.
He's perpetually happy and can laugh at just about anything. His older brother, Will, is his hero and he already tries to follow his every move, And lucky for Duke, Will is about the best/most protective/sensitive/fun older brother anyone could ever ask for. He is always looking out for him and asking for Duke to come along to everywhere he's headed. They never ever want to be apart.
Duke still cuddles and there have been more than a few occasions where I cuddle session with Duke was exactly what I needed to help my day. He has leaned to ascend stairs and also descends, head first (it's so scary, but somehow he never really gets hurt). He wrestles with Will every day and can crawl at lightening speed. Most objects can be turned into drums and he's excellent at pulling books off the bookshelf. And Duke is also the perfect height to easily reach in and splash in the toilet-not that we've ever found him in there for anything.
He absolutely loves when Will pushes him in the stroller, which is convenient because Will loves to push Duke in the stroller. He thinks he's on a magic chariot. We go for at least one walk a day.
Happy Birthday Duke Lane! I love you forever and ever and beyond. I can't think of a more perfect addition to our family!
Weight: 23 lbs
Diaper size: 5
Clothes size: 18-24 mos
Favorite food: everything. But he gets really excited for peas and blueberries. I mean REAL excited.
Favorite toy: plastic monster finger puppet and stethoscope.
Teeth: 6, 2 bottom 4 top

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
2 comments:
LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All of it is true! Can't believe your little sweetie is one already. Are you ready to have another one yet?
Post a Comment