This seems to be the time of year to be proud. Here are a few things I'm proud of...in no particular order.
I'm proud to be a Mormon-born and raised.
I'm proud to be Will and Duke's mother.
I'm proud to be married to Cort-my best friend.
I'm proud that my husband is so adorably handsome and funny.
I'm proud to live in America, a gorgeous country, allowing me the freedom to practice my religion peacefully (most of the time).
I'm proud that my Dad is a leader of the Inter Faith Council in his city, bringing together leaders from all faiths to help the community. I laugh that at one point, Dad's best friends were the Stake President (Mormon), Paster Randy (Non-Denominational Christian), and Machmud (local Muslim leader).
I'm proud that I got married when I did, at 21.
I'm proud that I had Will (albeit, unexpectedly) at 22 and Duke at 24 and proud that more than a few strangers have asked if I'm the nanny.
I'm proud of our garden.
I'm proud of my pioneer heritage.
I'm proud that I breastfed Duke for 6 months-I know, not that long, but it was a big accomplishment for me.
I'm proud to be a registered independent.
I'm proud to admit that I do not like Journey or Guns 'n Roses-too much hype for not enough substance IMO.
I'm proud of the fact that I have never tasted alcohol, or any drugs. Nor had any desire to try them.
I'm proud to say that my husband is the only man that ever "knew" me.
I'm proud of my curvy, athletic body that allows me to bear children and sustain the stamina to keep up with them. Cortney is proud of my body too:)
I'm proud of my newfound status as a flexitarian.
I'm tremendously proud of the book I am writing and hope many people will find it useful and wildly entertaining.
I'm proud of my mom and the way she instills confidence in her children.
I'm proud of my cooking abilities.
I'm proud of my recent distance running addiction.
I'm proud to be a homeowner.
I'm proud of saggy tummy-evidence I have housed 2 sweet/adorable/huge babies for prolonged periods of time.
I'm proud of my temple attendance.
I'm proud that I won the jump roping competition in Kindergarten.
I'm proud of my education.
I'm proud to be associated with my friends.
I'm proud to be a Buckeye and a Cougar.
I'm proud to drive a Camry-true.
I'm proud that Cortney encourages me to follow my dreams, and does everything in his power to push me towards them.
I'm proud that I have arranged wedding flowers published in Martha Stewart Weddings.
I'm proud to be a Michael Jackon, Pre-Crack Whitney Houston, and Elton John fan.
I'm proud to love black licorice. And proud to admit that I love black licorice.
And in conclusion, I'm proud of this list.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment