Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sneaky Cheap Mom

I had a sad, sorry moment at Target this morning...

Will is 80% potty trained and with the wonderful/glorious/joyful development, I realized he only had 5 pairs of underwear-not nearly enough. Luckily this coincided with back-to-school shopping, when underwear and socks are on sale, hence the voyage to Target.

Being the finance conscious person that I am, I was calculating the price per underwear ratio for all of the Target, Hanes, and Fruit of the Loom options. Will quickly ran over and grabbed the Thomas the Train pack- $9/5 pairs. They were cute and he was excited. Then, as usual, he ran over to the big bin of balls. While still keeping him in my vision, I finished my financial evaluation and came across a 6 pack of plain white underwear for $5.50. I thought about it much longer than I should have and tossed the Thomas undies back and grabbed the tighty whiteys. I felt guilty and still do partially. Will didn't notice when we checked out, but I doubt he even remembers now.

When he truly cares about his underwear, so will I. But for now, baby, we have to save for your college-heaven knows it'll be about a million dollars when you're 18.




2 comments:

Emmy said...

You'll be so happy to know that Clarkie just outgrew his Thomas underwear. Would you like me to send them your way? I bleach them every time I use them, if that bothers you. :)

TheSchmierneys said...

The companies that make kid themed underwear are extortionists! It is highway robbery! I've spent more on under-roo's in the past 5 years than I have on my own underwear in the last 15 years!