Tuesday, December 20, 2011

on my fifth year of marriage, my true love gave to me:

5 different homes/moves.






4 different cars (Malibu, explorer, sienna, camry).







3 jobs each. Cort-NuSkin, OSU, TABC. Me-NuSkin, Fisher, Freelance writer/editor.






2 high-risk pregnancies, resulting in 2 very wiley boys.






1 eternity together.








I've thought so much about "us" during this latest transition and I'm so thankful I married someone who loved adventure as much as me. I love that when new opportunities arise, we seize the moment, throw caution to the wind, and run into the darkness. Its scary, and frightening, and sometimes lonely, but we always come out so much better than before. Each time we move, we get to a deeper level with each other (easy to do when you're the only person your wife knows within a hundred miles) and now the thought of staying in one place for 5 years just seems boring. In fact now that I'm thinking about it, moving to VA was my 12th move since I was seventeen and moved away to college (9 years ago). There's something so satisfying about forging a completely new life, just the four of us.

Thanks for waiting all those years for me to grow up so that we could fall in love and have this awesome life.

I hope I'm always worth the wait.

Love you.



3 comments:

Kristen said...

You guys are so cute. Love the pic of you two. Good luck in VA. I have a hard time with moves.

Alicia said...

I love, love, love this.

Spencer and Anna said...

Great post. Happy five years! And I totally agree that there's nothing like a crazy, drastic move to bring spouses closer together. :) I hope you guys got to do something fun!