Kids aren't as adaptable as I used to think. Maybe other kids are, but mine just aren't adjusting very well. Will has an exorcist meltdown at 4 pm, and then a second at 8 pm every. day.
I just learned I can ride my bike on a designated trail from my house to Pittsburg, if I ever wanted to do that.
We live in an OLD ward. 5 kids in nursery.
Traffic is the bain of my existence.
Never ever be on the road between 5-7 pm.
Order everything you can on amazon to avoid sitting in traffic to get to the store.
The grocery section at Target is the cheapest grocery store I've found so far.
I definitely need a Phil and Teds stroller. Took our double jogger to Union Station yesterday and it was a nightmare.
The metro is cool.
Target is 20 min away. Walmart is 15 min away. Costco is 15 min away. All of these are times withOuT traffic. This is why I order everything I can from amazon.
Will has starting voicing the most annoying cackle/evil laugh and it is one of the most horrible sounds on earth. And he loves doing it in public.
There are 2 different kinds of people in DC. Those who think kids are cool and cute and you're a great Mom for having 2 kids AND those who think you (and by extension, your kids) are disgusting. You know they are the latter when they slowly inch away from you on the metro.
Our house is great. Small, but it works for us and we love it. Neighbors are awesome too (they raked our 6 inches of leaves in the yard for us).
We are 20 min from Cafe Rio.
Cortney loves his job. He's a totally different person now. He is so happy and has every intention of staying with The Advisory Board Company for the rest of his career. It's a perfect fit for him. And a week on the job, and he's already a manager:)
Looking forward to utilizing our close proximity to a cruise port.
Found the best gym. The kids section has an indoor playground, a computer room, craft table, etc. My kids love going and even duke spent want to leave when I come get him. They also have a spa/salon, pool, and cafe for adults. Planning of showering there every day to fully utilize my 2 hour time limit.
We furnished half our house from craigslist after we got here. We went to pick up a hutch one night and came home with a hutch, a BBQ, a marble slab patio table, and shoe organizers.
We have a guest room, a sofa bed, and if that still isn't enough sleeping space, I promise to buy a snazzy aero bed if we need for space for visitors.
Our neighbors across the street are from Alpine and work for senator Mike Lee. They are the kindest family and love that great babysitters are just a few steps away!
It is SO sunny here. Blue skies too. Makes me realize how gloomy Columbus is.
Hasn't gotten below 50 since we've been here. If this is typical winter, count me in.
Cort's company has "legendary" Christmas parties and we are so excited to go to our first one. It's a live band/sit down dinner/dancing/after party gig. My dreams of playing dress up have come true and I'm guaranteed at least one night a year where I can pretend I'm VIP.
My dear friend Cassie came to help me organize my kitchen and it's amazing. She's like a magician. She takes a ton of stuff, and makes it all disappear, one container at a time.
Having a portable dishwasher isn't as bad as I thought.
It's so nice to hang out with Cami again. Forgot how much I missed her. Great having friends where you pick up right where you left off.
I've sold 60 copies of my book so far.
I'm exhausted.
Duke has a mullet. His hair will be cut in the next week.

I saw this sitting in traffic today and it made me laugh.

My cupboards, "Cassified"

One of the millions of self portraits Will has taken in the last week.
3 comments:
Oh thanks! I love hanging out with you again too!
I am trying to imagine the sound of Will's evil chuckle and even though I don't know what it is exactly, I am still laughing out loud just thinking about it!
I am happy about the gym and Cort's job and that you are settling in :) We miss you in Ohio though and I can't bring myself to look at your house when I drive down the street. You should video Will's evil chuckle and post it!
Post a Comment