Thursday, March 1, 2012

shoes and panda bears and combs

My mother-in-law sent us an adidas giftcard and the boys will now be sporting adidas for the next 2 years. When I was ordering them, all I could think was, "I would never ever pay $50 for kids shoes!"




But let me tell you, I would happily pay $50 for these shoes in 2 years when we're out of our current stock. These are the most fantastic little boys shoes we have ever had, and here's the reason:

They are completely rubber and vinyl which means they can be washed at least a hundred times and still look brand new. You know how some shoes can only handle being washed once or twice? Not these! I wash them once a week. And the rubber toe? Genius! Will has a tendency to drag his feet which riding in the stroller, but these have basically been bullet proof so far.

Just buy them a size for two big so you can capitalize on how long they'll last you:)




Every day when Will gets home from school, he screams, "I show you sompen!" and pulls out his artwork from the day. His class has been taking about bears for the last week and how they hibernate in the winter. They must have progressed to panda bears yesterday...

This poor panda looks like he lost a boxing match! It made me laugh so hard!




And this...well, this is proof that I wouldn't be a very great mom for girls. I bought this comb at Target to use to tame Duke's morning hair. The biggest problem is that I had to BUY a comb. Truth be told, I haven't owned a comb or a brush in over a decade. I haven't brushed my hair since high school...

I always comment that I don't know how to do my own hair, but this brings that statement to a whole different level. I am so infantile in my knowledge of hair that I don't even see the point in owning the proper equipment.

God bless any daughter that should ever grace our home.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I love you but your hair comment made me hate you :) How in the world can someone with such little hair knowledge have such great hair!? No tangles? Nothing? You make me sick :)

TheSchmierneys said...

I agree Lauren! I was just thinking that on Sunday when she rolled out of bed looking like I did and then without a shower and apprently a comb... turned her hair into a cute little bun! Grrrrr I spend HOURS fighting the tangles out and wrestling it into anything resembling a purposeful hairdo! :)