Friday, November 2, 2012

Timing

I've been thinking a lot about timing lately due to recent circumstances of our lives. Right now, some things seem to be perfectly timed with our needs, others, the exact opposite. But I have been thinking back to Elder Oak's talk about "The Lord's Timing" and I know everything will be fine. In a random conversation with a coworker the other night, she said "Don't worry, Amy. God's plan is perfect." It was so simple, but yet exactly what has been drumming through my mind over and over the last few weeks.

On the note of timing, this happened yesterday:

Will had been running around after school for a while and then ran inside to go to the bathroom. He needed help wiping after #2 (I'll be so happy when this stage is over), and as I was helping him he said, "I'm the calendar helper this week!" I couldn't help but burst into laughter. I guess he figured when his mom was wiping his butt was as good of a time as any to share his good news.

Some other good/cute things to note:

Will takes showers. It's hard to believe it's even possible. Will had been scared to death of showers his whole life (sensory issues) but one day I was getting in the shower and he decided he wanted to try it too. He's taken at least one shower a day since then. HUGE milestone.

Duke wants to do "cheers" when you have anything the same as him. For instance, if you both have a sucker, he wants to do cheers with the sucker. The other morning he realized both he and Cort were wearing jackets and he wanted to cheers the occasion. This essentially looked like a chest bump. It was cute.





Here's the crew on Halloween. The boys thought their costumes were awesome and the only thing that made it better was that Dad was Gru! #mommyforthewin

We posted this picture to Facebook and it got over 60 likes.

1 comment:

steph said...

Thank you for the great reminder about the Lord's timing. I know I don't comment as much as I ought to, but just wanted you to know I'm still reading and enjoying your blog. Glad you survived Sandy :)