Monday, August 24, 2015

Tomorrow

We have a big day tomorrow, so I'm taking a few minutes tonight to write a few things about the big stuff that has happened/happening.

We spent 3 weeks in CA at Mom and Dad's and it was great. The last 9 days, Cort wasn't with us and it honestly almost killed me I missed him so much (better than not missing him though, right?) but the boys live for this vacation every year. Every time we say goodbye to cousins, all the cousins cry and it's so tender. They become little bffs every summer and then they realize they have to be apart for another year. It's heartwarming/heart wrenching. I love my nieces and nephews more and more every year--such fun kids! I wish we could see them more often, but I'm glad that when we do see each other, we get a lot of quality time together.

We used the last week of the summer to do last-minute fun things...thinkery, aquarium, ikea, bass pro shop, bowling, slash pad, safari champs. All of it culminating to tonight...school starts tomorrow!

Will is in 2nd grade with Mrs Marcotte. His two buddies from church, Ruby and Meara, are in his class so that should be really fun. He said the sweetest prayer tonight. He prayed that he would have a good school year with his old friends, and that he would have fun also making new friends. He also prayed for Matt to have good naps and no bad dreams. My most tender kid, that Will James.




Duke is still sporting his ninja headband wherever he goes. Coupled with his light up Ninja Turtle shoes and he's usually a pretty happy camper. Tonight, Cortney gave blessings to all the boys at the start of a new school year. After Cort finished blessing Duke, I asked Duke how he felt and he said, "I feel pretty good, Mom!" At the park the other day, I asked him if he wanted to swing and he said no because his legs were all out of "pumps".


Matt stopped destroying everything so much, and seiches gears into wanting to be a part of everything happening in the kitchen. He can push a chair over to climb anywhere he wants which is impressive/frustrating. He hasn't gotten burned yet, so that's a plus. He is really his own person now and LOVES books. And really, just doing anything his brothers are doing.




Tomorrow, I also start teaching seminary at 5:45 am. It will be challenging at times, but oh so good. I've already had so many great experiences, and I haven't even started teaching yet. Blessings.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: