Monday, September 14, 2015

Mustard to stay

I have been brainstorming decor in Duke's room for over a year, but gosh darnit, no time to execute it. I have paint colors picked out, and quilt patterns I need to make. It occurred to me sometime last week that it will likely be 6+ months before I can make those quilts and they'll probably cost as much to make as to buy some.

Like these mustard quilts from Target on clearance for $20. I didn't love them, but I loved the price and thought it was worth a shot to just see how they looked in his room. Brought it home, spread it on the bed and immediately decided it wasn't the right fit. Then I went to pick up Duke from school and he came home and saw it (I meant to package it back up to return to the store) and said, "Mom, I love this!!!" and laid down on his bed. Trying to sway him, I showed him other options I was thinking of on the iPad and he stayed firm that he loved the yellow best. So I guess we're keeping it then!

It was a good lesson for me that it's really not what I want that matters in this situation. What matters is that Duke has a bedroom he's really proud of and loves to be in. We will be going to hobby lobby on Saturday to pick out fabric for the curtains together. Can't wait to see what he picks out. I do have to admit, it does look so cheery and bright when I pass it in the hallway.

No matter where this rooms goes from here, I'm pretty sure I'm still painting it the same color because it took me forever to find a great color for the lighting in this room. But it's neutral/light enough, it will probably work. Sea Salt by Sherwin Williams--a light green/blue. And it's not one of the swatches painted on the wall in the picture. It's painted in another wall next to 5 other swatches...why I'm not going through the color selecting process again.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: