Monday, November 30, 2015

Happy Birthday Matt!

* I wrote this on Matt's 2nd birthday but I guess I forgot to post it. Oh well.

Matt is literally oozing with personality. He frequently answers questions in a growling voice. He is by far our most verbal child at this age and I think he can pretty much communicate/understand anything and everything. Lately he's been saying "love it!" And it's adorable. Things like, "Sun! Love it!", "Love it boots!", "love it fish!" and so on. I also yell "where's Matt?" Because he gets lost in the shuffle at our house and he always comes running out and says, "I here!!"

Matt's love for his brothers is palpable. I have never seen him have any food and not take it over and offer some to Will and Duke. He is so giving to them! And when we pick up Duke from school, Matt runs over and squeals and gives him a big hug. He asks constantly when Duke is coming home when he is at school. I'm so glad he and Duke have had this year together--they've gotten so close. And I'm already making plans for next school year when Matt will be so sad that both of his brothers are in school all day long.

He gives very loud and enthusiastic greetings and goodbyes. Every place we leave, school, the allergist, church, Matt give a loud and hearty "Bye bye!" with a big hand/arm wave. Equally enjoyable is when anyone comes in our door, especially Dad, and he rushes over to say "Hi!" about 10x with corresponding arm/hand wave.

He will sit and read books for 20 min by himself. This is unprecedented in our family as none of the other boys enjoy reading--even now. Matt definitely has a strong mind and he's grasping stuff so fast.

There's a small portion of me that is sad that the baby stage is over, but like I said, it's small. Matt and I were on bad terms from 15-22 mos. He was into everything and it was just so hard to do anything because I literally couldn't leave him alone ever without something breaking. We have NO mason jars anymore because of Matt. They have all shattered after a period of a few months even though they were high out of reach.

Sometimes he dances when we offer him pizza for dinner. He's the best.












- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: