Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Tagged

My cousin-in-law (sounds complicated, huh) tagged me, which means I have to write 6 things about myself. This isn't one of my 6 things, but I was given a part-time position for the MBA program reading the incoming student applications to give them the initial 'red light' or 'green light' (I basically just make sure they would be eligible for admission) and I'm supposed to be finishing those right now because I have to turn them in tomorrow, but I decided to just take a break (I'm such a procrastinator!) and check the blogs. My time on the computer is incredibly precious and Cort is studyng at the clubhouse, so I have it all to myself and I intend on taking full advantage of it.

Oh, ok, but my cousin-in-law, the other Amy McAllister, it has to be said... she's one of my favorite people in the entire world. I love, love, love being around her and she's such a great example to me of a woman and a mother with tons of ambition. Full-time mom, full-time nurse, writer, and getting her bachelor's on top of that. Way to go Amy! I think about her a lot when I get really scared about being a mom. She is the one who tagged me and I'd pretty much do anything for her. So here it goes...

1. I LOVE news shows like 20/20, Nightline, 60 minutes etc. I think it started when I was babysitting on Friday nights in Jr. High and High School. I'd put the kids to bed and then surf the channels and I'd always end up watching one of those shows, totally gripped.

2. I've been known to be a brownie fudge sundae addict. I talk about them so often that I refer to them as "B.F.S" to make it a little shorter and speaking-friendly. I haven't had one in a while because of being sick, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time. I know the name of the brownie fudge sundae at every restaurant. Outback- Chocolate Thunder Down Under. TGIF- Brownie Obsession. Applebees- Blue Ribbon Brownie. I rest my case.

3. My dream job is to be a columnist. That's probably why I started a blog- so I could make believe that I was writing a witty, sassy column that loads of people looked forward to reading each day. Unfortunately, I don't have the time (remember precious computer time) and health quite yet to devote sitting in front of the computer to write something that I felt really good about. So for now, I'll just write what I can.

4. Someday when I have a little more money, ok, a lot more money, I'm going to pay for my whole family to go to race car driving school for a few days. I come from a very car savvy family and I would make a lot of dreams come true if I did this.

5. I am the youngest of 4 kids and the only girl. That being said, I never had any desire to play with Barbies. I was given them as gifts all the time and I never ever played with them. I had a whole drawer full of them even, and they just sat there. What Barbies I didn't play with, I made up for with GI-Joe's. My brother and I used to take them in the backyard and melt off plastic limbs with a magnifying glass to show that they were 'injured in war'.

6. I have somewhat of a guilty pleasure of getting on people's nerves. Not annoying them, but just not doing things in a conventional way, enough so that I know it gets under their skin a little. For instance, I didn't tell anyone I was getting married until 3 weeks before the wedding day. I told my parents 5 weeks before, and I did that because I knew they would have to make travel plans. I really wanted to not tell anyone and have them be totally surprised when they got a note in the mail that said "Meet us at the temple on December 19th". We decided to not take it quite to that level, but I'm sure that 3 weeks notice was plenty annoying for some of the people there. And when we found out I was pregnant, I didn't want to tall anyone until Christmas and put the ultrasound picture in our Christmas card. That one didn't quite work out so well and you all understand why. But if I ever have a normal pregnancy, which I'm not counting on at this point, don't be surprised if nobody knows for a long while. I hate the fact that because you're pregnant, all of a sudden that's all that anybody talks to you about. Believe it or not, I have other interests besides being pregnant! And I understand that a baby is exciting and everything, but everyone gets a little too excited about it if you ask me and all the questions, "How far along are you?" "Is it a boy or a girl" "What are you going to name him/her?" blah, blah, blah, blah, and I suddenly feel like I'm in an interrogation in the mother's lounge at church. That being said, I usually like to just keep those to myself and revel in the fact that everyone wants to know and they're a little peeved that I didn't tell them.

Alright, so I guess that's 6... Hope you all enjoyed reading a few little quirks about me, and believe me there are plenty more.

4 comments:

Erica said...

seriously love you right now girl! keep the posts coming!

AMY said...

Oh my gosh! It's gotta be the name but I am totally addicted to BFS's as well, although I'm not near as cool as you...I don't know the names of any of them. I just look for the brownie on the dessert menu and go from there. (and then I look for dinner...)
Anyway, thanks for all the very nice things you said. It's 6am and I just got done with work and I'm soooo tired and that really made my day! Love ya tons! (glad we're cousins-in-law who are more like sis-in-laws with the same name. It's fate.)

AMY said...

Oh my gosh! It's gotta be the name but I am totally addicted to BFS's as well, although I'm not near as cool as you...I don't know the names of any of them. I just look for the brownie on the dessert menu and go from there. (and then I look for dinner...)
Anyway, thanks for all the very nice things you said. It's 6am and I just got done with work and I'm soooo tired and that really made my day! Love ya tons! (glad we're cousins-in-law who are more like sis-in-laws with the same name. It's fate.)

AMY said...

Oh my gosh! It's gotta be the name but I am totally addicted to BFS's as well, although I'm not near as cool as you...I don't know the names of any of them. I just look for the brownie on the dessert menu and go from there. (and then I look for dinner...)
Anyway, thanks for all the very nice things you said. It's 6am and I just got done with work and I'm soooo tired and that really made my day! Love ya tons! (glad we're cousins-in-law who are more like sis-in-laws with the same name. It's fate.)