Friday, November 2, 2007

Update...

Hello Everyone!


We haven't done a very good job of keeping this up to date... sorry about that. We have one laptop between the two of us and Cortney has it at school all day and by the time he gets home, I'm usually not feeling well, so hence the lack of blog entries.

So since my infamous hospital stay, I've had to go back 2 more times for IV's to help keep me hydrated. I love IV's! I know that sounds totally weird, but they make me feel SO much better. I swear whatever substance is in those IV's is half medicine/half crack. And, yes, I really did lose 20 lbs and it didn't look pretty. Since the hospital stay noted above, I've only been able to gain back 10 of those 20 lbs, but seeing as how my diet consists of bagels, cereal, graham crackers, and orange juice, that might be why. My stomach is still very weak and I stick with things that I know will stay down. I still take my medications religiously, but I am doing much better. I still have some very bad days (yesterday), but I usually I can at least take Cortney to school each morning.

I've been labeled as a "high risk" pregnancy, but oddly enough it has nothing to do with the buckeye's health. It's just me that can't hack it! Ironically, the worse your morning sickness is, the healthier your baby and pregnancy are. But because of that status, we get ultrasounds more frequently and one day I was really sick when we were going to the doctor and in the stress of the moment, Cortney said under his breath, "that baby better be doing the Cougar Fight song when we see it on that ultrasound today." I think that's my favorite pregnancy moment to date.

Fall is amazing out here and we love Columbus more and more everyday. We came here thinking that Columbus would be a very temporary place for us while we were in school, but we've grown to love it so much that neither one of us would be disappointed at all if we got to stay here for a while. We took some pictures of all the fall colors that I'll have Cortney post because I don't know how. We are so happy here and we talk almost every day about how glad we are that we made the decision to go back to school and to experience a new place for a while.

Cortney loves school-most of the time. Every few weeks it gets really busy and he gets stressed and wonders why he wanted to go back to school, but then tests are over and he loves it again. We love OSU and have both been so impressed with the quality of the MBA program there. One third of Cortney's class are international students and a good handful from China and Taiwan and they love that Cortney speaks Chinese. Over the summer, all of the MBA's do an internship (most of them not in Columbus) and it's kind of a big deal because where you do your internship is most likely where you work after you graduate. Cortney is being flown out to Chicago in a few weeks for an internship interview and we are both very excited! He has a few other companies that he's looking at, but this is his first 'big' interview opportunity.

Not sure if the word has gotten out to everyone, but we're coming back for Christmas. We're flying in and out of San Diego December 13-29 and will be renting a car to come visit Utah during that stay. Cortney has the whole month of December off from school and since I don't work, it makes long Christmas vacations convenient.

Promise we'll be better about keeping in touch now that I can usually stand sitting at the computer for a few minutes without puking:)

2 comments:

Emmy said...

Hi! I had NO idea you blogged! Glad to see it and so happy you love my dear Columbus. I miss it terribly this time of year. Can't wait to see you at Christmas. LOVE!

AMY said...

Hey kids! So happy to hear you are feeling better. Did you ever end up with that pump thing? Anyway, Amy, sounds like you are officially a TRUE McAllister. When you post about the mid-west's upgraded version of IHOP, you know you've got it bad. Just one more reason to look forward to coming to visit!! Can't wait to see you in Decemeber with the buckeye bump!