Friday, May 9, 2008
Heavenly Aveda
When I was a freshman in college, I desperately needed a haircut and a pick-me-up while I was strolling through the University Mall. Low and behold, I passed the Aveda salon next to American Eagle where I had just paid way too much for a paper thin t-shirt and decided to take the plunge. I went in, sat down in the chair and told the girl to do whatever she wanted to my hair, I needed a change. I got a very cute bob cut and was extremely satisfied with my experience. Flash forward 5 years... I've never been back to Aveda (and can't figure out why for the life of me) until the day before Will was born. After having a horrific experience at Saturday's (Ohio's version of Supercuts) when I just wanted to get my hair styled (yeah, not even cutting my hair and it was THAT bad) I decided to go back to Aveda because I had remembered that special day in Provo. I walked in sat down for a simple trim and was transformed into a lifelong Aveda customer. Before I tell you what I paid for this special treat, I'll tell you what it included. We started off with a 10 minute shoulder, scalp, and neck massage (heavenly) and then I had the choice of a mini facial or a hand and arm massage. I naturally chose the facial (also heavenly) and then we went on to a shampoo, cut and style. My blissful hour and a half experience cost just a mere $25! Yes, just $25. Worth every cent and then some. Aveda has wonderful products, which I have used for a while, but one of the other perks about the company is they train their employees incredibly well, so you really don't have to worry about getting 'bad' stylist. No matter how long you've been cutting hair, when you start at an Aveda salon, you have to start as an assistant washing hair, so you're pretty much guaranteed everyone has plenty of experience. I felt like a whole new woman when I walked out of the salon that day. Thank you Nutur Salon on Lane Avenue! You made me one happy momma and I will definitely be back this time- every time I'm need any kind of hair pleasures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you have officially converted me...I am no longer going to Bon Losse...it is worth the extra $18 for the treatment that you get, not to mention, I dont have the time to go to Bon Losse anymore, their cuts take like 3 hours.
A good haircut is always worth the extra money, especially when a massage is involved, that sounds incredible! And thanks for your cute comment on my blog, I am sure that you are a wonderful mother and I am excited to meet your little guy. One of these days we will both be mothers and intellectuals at the same time...we can take our kids to museums, galleries, the park...it will be fabulous! Happy Mother's Day!
Post a Comment