Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Newest George Strait Fan


More on the family picture below... A girl in Cortney's class had a Kentucky Derby party at her parents house and we had so much fun. Apparently, this girl's family is way into the Kentucky Derby (her parents go every year) and she has this party each year. We were excited to go and this was the first time we really took Will to a public place, but we were a little concerned when the invitation said that the dress code was 'seersucker suits' for the men and 'dresses with derby hats' for the women... yeah, cause we all just have those lying around! As you can see, we did the best we could:) Will was a huge hit and we both decided that if Cort ever wanted more friends at school, he just needed to bring Will for show and tell. In fact, when we walked in the house everyone started cheering and we both thought they were cheering for the race, and then a few seconds later we realized they were cheering for us (well, Will really). It was a very fun party- the host said this is her favorite party to have because it's a costume party and everyone dresses up, but no one wears a wig or dresses in drag. Haha, I thought that was hilarious!


On to the real reason for this post... Those of you who know Cort know that he has a very eclectic taste in music... almost anything goes. Just looking through some of his cd collection right now, one would find: Nirvana, Led Zeppelin, Public Enemy, Whitney Houston, Jewel, etc... you get the picture. Anyway, the other day I was looking for some music to listen to while I was holding Will and trying to get dinner ready (very difficult) and I picked up George Strait. Cort grew up on George... whereas Country was almost a four letter word in my house. But I thought I'd give it a whirl and I'm becoming addicted. I really like him because he's so uncommercialized. Just a great story teller with music. But one of the main reason's I'll keep listening to good ol' George is because Will is a fan. Both times I've played him, Will falls asleep in about 5 minutes. And all 3 of us love that:)
UPDATE! Right after I finished writing this, Will woke up screaming and I'm sure he had a tummy ache because he didn't even want to eat. I really couldn't settle him down, so I changed his diaper, re-swaddled him, and put George on and he was instantly a happy camper and is currently just laying in my arms just chillin. I have to laugh because we partly named him Will after some of Cort's great grandfathers named William and all of them were cowboy frontier men, so I guess its only natural that Will would like this. His McAllister ancestors are beaming with pride in heaven right now, I'm sure.

No comments: