Thursday, May 1, 2008

Party of 3

Hello all!

I made it! I finally get to close the pregnancy chapter of my life for a while! And as odd as it sounds, it's been just a week since I was pregnant but that feels like an eternity ago. Crazy how time flies. Will and I are doing wonderful and getting into our little routine. Our prayers were answered (at least for now) that he is a very mellow baby- only cries if he's hungry or needs a diaper change. Even does pretty good at night. He's been on a pretty steady 3 hour schedule since he was born and that has worked out wonderfully.

I know that mom's get really sappy and mushy when they have a baby, so I'll try to veer off from that but still try to explain how much I love this little guy. I was really nervous about having him because I've honestly never been around a newborn before, but I am so amazed at how second nature it becomes- we can't imagine life without Will now. It seems like he's been part of our family forever, which I can only attribute to proof that families are designed in heaven.

Cortney is such an amazing dad (which shouldn't surprise anyone) and he and Will can't get enough of each other. It's a constant battle for Cort to leave us to go study. We're going to try to give Will a bottle tonight or tomorrow and hopefully he takes it ok because then Cort could give him his midnight feeding (since he's usually always up then studying anyway) and then I could sleep from his 10 pm feeding to 3 am feeding which would be marvelous to have somewhat continuous sleep! Cortney is very excited to feed him as well. I feel bad that he hasn't been able to take part in that yet, but on the flip side I can't complain that nursing has gone as well as it has.

I am recovering nicely, except for those pesky stretch marks, and was even able to wear my pre-pregnancy clothes out of the hospital. I am loving not wearing maternity clothes anymore and reconnecting with my curves.

Thank you to all of you for your continued love and support. We have so many people that love us! We cannot wait to see all of you guys this summer and we're so thankful for all of you. More pictures and mom diaries to follow.

1 comment:

Tamber said...

Sounds like everything is great. I hope that all continues well for the next couple weeks. It gets much easier after you are fully recovered and you get into your routine fully, And if it is easy now, then it will al be a piece of cake for you. Good Luck!