I got this recipe the other day and we tried it out and it tastes just like normal chocolate chip cookies. And I figure if we're going to make chocolate chip cookies and eat the whole batch in a week, we might as well ease the blow a little bit. According to the recipe they have 21% fewer calories, 42% less saturated fat, and 14% less fat than original cookies. Maybe this is a good "food storage" recipe to use all the wheat we all pack around from house to house:)
3/4 c. white sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. canola oil
1 t. vanilla
1 egg
2 c. whole wheat flour
1 t. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips
Beat sugars, butter, oil, vanilla, and egg till blended. Beat in flour, baking soda, and salt till blended. Stir in chocolate chips. 375 degrees for 7-9 minutes.
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm glad we're not the only ones who blow through an entire batch in mere days. Sometimes, they're just too good!
Hey you should post this on the marble cliff kitchen blog.
These Cookies sound yummy, I guess you should make me some since I totally suck at baking =)
Post a Comment