Cortney and I decided it was finally time we went on a real date. We have really great intentions of "dating", but it just never seems to work out with strict budget, schedule, and babysitting constraints. Our friends from Fisher, Jon and Shanna, had offered to watch Will a long time ago and luckily they are both still in Columbus so we could take them up on their offer.We decided to go to the Short North Sidewalk Sale. Short North is a part of downtown that is known for its art galleries and cute shops/restaurants. the last time we had a babysitter was to go to my sister-in-law's father's funeral- not exactly a romantic date. So tonight, I decided I was going to wear a dress and relish in girlyness and feel like a pretty lady, instead of a mom with food smeared on her shorts. And, let me tell you, I did. I had bought a new dress, soft a flowy, a week ago and this was the perfect night to wear it. Faux diamond jewelry intact we set out for our evening of being a cute couple.
After we arrived, it seemed very un-sidewalk-sale-ish as there was hardly anything out on the sidewalk. Then we realized it didn't start till tomorrow. But can I tell you, we really didn't care. It was oddly surreal to not be constantly saying/yelling the name "Will". We walked past a Greek restaurant called Happy Greek, looked at the menu in the window and saw our favorite dish- the shawarma and decided we would eat a 2nd dinner (we had already eaten pasta at home). It was completely worth it. My favorite restaurant of all time is Mazza in SLC which is great, fresh, Mediterranean food and I've been dying to find a place similar out here and I think we found it. Cortney and I were both completely enthralled in the eating experience and both commented how good it felt to enjoy food and taste everything in it instead of trying to shovel food in as fast as possible before Will starts throwing his. That might have been the most relaxing part of the evening- just eating and savoring every bite.
We headed out to Easton to walk around some more and landed in VSX, a line of active wear by Victoria's Secret. The Easton is and will be the only VSX store, but they are starting to sell their products in normal VS stores. They were having a great sale and I picked up a new pair of running pants for $11. I have bought a few things from VSX before and fell in love with them. It really is a great line of active wear, and for some reason I feel like it makes me look more fit than I am, which is probably why I like it so much. But for the business side of it (I'm totally digressing now) it's genius because VS has such a big following that most of their customers will have no problem shelling out the dough for their line of sports bras. And best of all, everything matches in the whole store. Literally. So its great for men to buy for their ladies because they can't mess it up.
Happy with our purchase, we walked around Easton a little more and then got in the car to head back home. And Cort opened the door for me the whole night and we held hands for more than 30 seconds at a time! I really can't remember the last time that's happened. It was a great night and we will definitely be taking Jon and Shanna up on their offer again. It really was great.
4 comments:
Okay, I'm officially drooling. I am so jealous of your great date night, you've inspired me to find an excuse to do one myself. Man, where did those good old days go? Baby boys are fun too, but exhausting! Sounds like a great, relaxing night!
You are so making me miss Mazza!!! And it's your fault I fell in love with the place to begin with!! I totally get what you mean about not having to yell/call your sons name all the time. Anytime I get alone time, I'm constantly looking around for Nick, wondering where he went!
Sorry for any typos here, but a strange green mist is covering my vision . . . must be jealousy. :) Glad you had a great date, and thanks for sharing so I can plan something similar . . . someday.
I am glad you guys got to go out again. I always feel so refreshed in my wifely and motherly duties after I have had a good date with Eric. It is well worth the effort. Glad you found some good Schwarma's they are so yummy.
Post a Comment