Many of you know the story of my wedding ring, but for those who don't allow me to indulge for a minute...I actually found my ring while I was walking through University Mall ( I bet if they did a study on LDS weddings, more than 50% of engagement rings probably came from the University Mall) while Cortney was out of town at the Air Force game. I loved that it was different. I loved that it looked like maybe it was an antique that my Grandma gave me. And I love that it was $100. Yes, my wedding ring was only $100.
Cortney came home from the weekend and I told him about it and we went to get it the next day. Cortney assured me he had budgeted a lot more money for my ring and was I sure I wanted this one, and I was sure. I loved it. The poor salesman was probably excited he was making a sale, but there's no way he got more than a $5 commission on us. I have gotten so many compliments on my wedding ring and every time someone does, I think "Suckas! you probably paid thousands for yours and mine was only $100!!!)
After a year of marriage, I noticed my ring finger was getting a odd rash. Since the ring was only 10k gold, I thought that if it got a fresh coat of gold on it, maybe my finger wouldn't look so leaper-ish. And it worked. Then a few months later, my finger rash came back, and we re-dipped it again. And most recently it has come back, yet again. Maybe I have sensitive skin? But more than likely, as much as I hate to admit it, its probably just a cheap ring. Probably would have been wise to at least splurge for a 14k gold ring. Oh well, I still love it.
2 comments:
Just out of curiosity, where in the mall did you get your ring? (Mine was from Wilson's, when it was there.) Great sticker price you got up front there, but what adventures afterwards! Makes for good story material. Fun comic, BTW. :)
my ring was only $300. I guess those mcallister boys like to fall for the lower maintenance women. I havent been able to wear my ring for the past couple of months because the band split again on the inside. I have to get it re dipped, but make it thicker this time. Hopefully then it wont break again. I just have to wait till we get the money to do it all. Anyways, good luck with the ring adventures.
Post a Comment