Sunday, September 27, 2009

Menu Plan Sunday

I have been horrible at planning meals lately. Horrible. The consequences of not having a menu plan are: chaos at dinner time, hungry husbands, many extra trips to the grocery store, and diets consisting of grilled cheese sandwiches and french toast. Not exactly balanced. On Friday I went through the freezer to survey everything we had and figured out a way to use all our meat, so I only needed to buy ingredients to go with the protein. Here's what's going on in our kitchen for the next week or so...

Sunday (Today)- Cranberry apple pork loin (gotta love the crock pot on fast Sunday) and asparagus.
Monday- Eat out with Dad-in-law
Tuesday- French Dip Sandwiches, asparagus
Wednesday- Shredded beef tacos (leftover meat from french dip sandwiches), tomato and cucumber salad
Thursday- Chili and baked potatoes
Friday- leftovers
Saturday- Basil balsamic pork chops, black bean and corn salad
Sunday- Chicken tortilla soup
Monday- breakfast
Tuesday- Shepards Pie
Wednesday- Ribs, rosemary herbed potatoes
Thursday- Grilled cheese with mozzarella, basil, and tomato, tomato soup
Friday- leftovers
Saturday- Chicken and broccoli, rice

5 comments:

acandiedapple said...

I'm surprised by how little you eat leftovers. Do you make just enough for one meal, eat the extra for lunch, freeze the leftovers or throw them away? I'm so curious. I only cook about 3-4 times a week. We eat a lot of leftovers but we're both okay with that.

Anonymous said...

Amy, you truly are supermom! You have it together!!!

the phipps said...

After Chris talked to Cortney the other night I'd been wanting to see pictures of your little guy- I couldn't remember your blog but luckily we found you guys on the Hansens. Love your posts and Will is so cute!

Eric and Jessica said...

OK and now that you made us jealous of your superness are you going to post some recipes? I need ideas! :)

Harada's said...

I need to start meal planning again. I totally am in the same boat as you. I have been a major slacker cooking dinner the past few weeks. Thanks for the inspiration! =)