We moved to the new house on Tuesday night. The move went pretty well--we hired movers and that was amazing. I've been unpacking and less than 72 hrs later and I only have a few boxes left! Although, those boxes are my clothes so getting dressed everyday has proved to be a challenge.
Each time I move I experience a wave of emotions. You know how there are the stages of grief? I think there are stages of moving. Tuesday night I teared up a few times because I was so happy and felt so blessed. Wednesday morning I was crying because I was so overwhelmed and was so worried about taking care of and paying for this house. By Wednesday afternoon, I had a very "whatever happens, happens" attitude and made the conclusion (as I always do), that this house (insert other intimidating thing) was an answer to my prayers and God will make it all work out, just like He always does.
Some girls in my class came over and unpacked until I kicked them out so the boys could go to bed. I love that group. And I love that 6 of them thought it would be fun to help out their teacher on a summer night. Margie came over (with Hannah and Megan) to make sure the boys beds were all put together and made for them--the first things to be finished from the move. A sweetheart.
It's 10 pm and I just took my shower for the day. We woke up and went to swimming, then to the library, then to the old house to pick up some things, then we came home and Duke napped. Then Boo came over for a few hours. We made cookies and i burned some and played with toys. Then Emily brought us dinner. It was enchiladas and watermelon and corn and it tasted like manna. No way was I going to get to make dinner today. Then Will went crazy (typical behavior from 6-8 pm), there was crying and screaming, and eventual succumbing to sleep. And Duke fell asleep with his nerf gun in hand. And throughout all of this, Matt was either asleep or attached to my hip (why my back aches as I type), because Will has taken to mauling (somewhere between the actual definition and brotherly definition) him whenever I put him on the floor.
But yeah, what a day. Tired. Goodnight.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Thursday, June 19, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment