Will was up really late last night, and therefore really grumpy today. Duke didnt take a nap, and therefore was really grumpy today. We have zero food in the house and I just didnt have it in me to take them to the store in their manic state, so we ate hot dogs and quesadillas for not one, but two meals today. There were a lot of points that were touch-and-go today so I'll just move past those memories and write what has been in my mind all day, and what I fiercely want my sons to know and understand about their mother:
I am an empowered woman BECAUSE of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
I have found so much strength in womanhood lately, and specifically being a Mormon woman. I am well educated, and well informed, and I feel so empowered being a woman in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This faith does not breed sheep. It breeds powerful, intelligent, covenant keeping women who know God, through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
This faith grounds me as a woman, but especially as mother. I know God is invested in me, and invested in my children. I know He is on my side and wants me to succeed, and my relationship with Him helps me chart my course and stay on track.
Boys, I love being your mother and I want you to know that Mormon women are incredible. They are valiant, they don't complain, they have hard lives just like everyone else, but they live joyfully because they KNOW God and they know His plan and purpose for them.
I am so proud to be in the Relief Society and know of no other organization that does more in developing women to be game-changers in their families and communities.
There has never once been a time in my faith when I have felt less than a male. On the contrary, I have felt my femininity was treasured and there was a divine purpose for my abilities within my congregation and my family.
I'm so thankful for you three, and it is not lost on me that your vision of women will likely be shaped by watching me, as you have no sisters to grow up with. I want you to know that Mormon women are so strong. And I want you to each marry a strong woman, someone who knows who she is and knows where she wants to go, who's full of color and life and joy, and gives that to everyone she meets. And most importantly someone who you see as your partner, and (besides Heavenly Father) the only other person you want in your foxhole.
That, boys, that is a good woman.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Thursday, June 12, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment