The other day he reached up into the cupboard and pulled out a goblet. I told him those were only for special drinks because I didn't want him to break them, but he said "it's for a special drink for Duke and Mommy." Well, how could I say no to that?
He's still obsessed with balloons. Which some days I think is so cute and other days its the Bain of my existence. He also loves swords (sticks or branches) and going on "abentures". He climbs trees like a champ and he's still just such a funny lovable kid. He loves to whisper secrets in your ear and most of the time they have balloons in them. Yesterday, he wanted to go for a treasure hunt to find candy, money and rubber bands. I think I'm going to buy some Rolos at the store tomorrow and put them in an old shoe box so we can go look for buried treasure together.
Sometimes I think about what Duke will be into when he's in high school. Not sure. He's not a natural athlete. Doesn't seem really adept in art or music. But whatever he's into, he'll have a lot of friends. Duke is a really fun person to be around. I have no doubt he'll be a ladies man. He's just so charming! He'll be cooking dinner for all of his dates. The way to any lady's heart.
Later today, we played football at the track as a family. It was so fun. I love that track! So many memories there already.
I stayed and ran 4-6 miles (not sure. Forgot to log my miles) while Cort took the boys home to
get them ready for bed. I listened to General Conference and I have 1.5 more sessions to finish. It keeps me occupied while I run.
After bedtime, I downloaded a lot of pictures off my phone because it was full. After I downloaded them, I looked at old pictures and videos of when Will was a baby and we lived in our apartment in Columbus. I can't believe Will was so small! I was also laughing because he had something in
His mouth every picture! He definitely still has oral fixation from time to time. But he looks so much more like Matt than I remember. Good memories.



Some "baby" baby Matt pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment