Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Matt

I have done a horrible job writing about Matt lately (or for the last year). I need to do better!

Matt is, by far, our most verbal child at this age. Being used to Will and Duke being late talkers, it's really weird to me that Matt picks up 3-4 words a day at 20 mos. I keep wondering if he's some sort of prodigy, but he's likely just perfectly normal.

I'm positive one of Matt's God-given gifts is his love for his family. It's palatable. The love he has for his older brothers is so deep and sincere. They are his world. He recently started saying their names (he calls Duke "Do") and whenever we are in a store and they aren't staying by the stroller, where Matt is, he starts saying their names in a "come on. Stay with the group" annoyed way. It's really cute/funny.

Matt also mistakes his age and abilities for his brothers' ages and abilities. He cheats death almost every day. I pray for angels to be with him and protect him every day. Somedays his suicide attempts and energy level is just more than I can take and by 5 pm, I throw him in the stroller and go for a walk to just calm him down, before I completely lose it.

Matt has been in the nursery at church for 2 mos. It's amazing to me how fast he has caught on to the whole routine of the system. I get to be with him because I'm one of the nursery leaders and that has been special. Normally I wouldn't be so excited with that responsibility, but because he's my last, I'm just thankful I get to be with him at this younger stage.

Matt leans more towards Will with his energy levels. He's very "motor driven" and I think he'll be an athlete of some kind. We frequently play basketball at the church and Matt always wants to shoot hoops too. He also has better than average foot coordination, so maybe he'll like soccer.

He's still a great sleeper. He's still so happy and smiley. Oh, and he loves Cort. Every day when Cort gets home, he runs to Cort and says "Hi Daaa!" Sometimes he waits and looks out the front window for him to come home.

Matt frequently waves at almost anyone he passes. He can be quite the flirt. When we go to swim practice for the older boys, he walks around the pool to where they are and claps for them. It's adorable.

He is obsessed with shoes. He puts on other people's shoes all the time and whenever we mention that we're leaving to go somewhere, he gets his shoes and shoes for everyone else in the family. By far, the cutest word he says is flip flop, which sounds like whop whop.

Some words he says: phone, juice, cheese, hand, feet, roll, donut, drink, pee, milk, shower, towel, teeth, bath, shoes, nose.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: