I'll start this off by saying that Amy and the baby are both fine (don't want people to get the wrong idea). Last night at around 11, I asked Amy how Junior (our nickname for the baby until he's born) was doing, as our doctor told us to monitor his movement. Amy responded that she hadn't really been paying attention. So we started paying attention and although he was moving, he wasn't doing 720s like he usually does at 11pm. So we went to bed, and next thing I know I hear Amy's phone ring. I was sound asleep, but Amy had noticed that he wasn't moving as much as he usually does, so being safe, Amy called our doctor to get his take on what we should do (if anything). Well, the on call doctor called Amy's phone at 6am, and Amy told her what was happening. The on call doctor told us to go to the hospital and make sure everything is ok.
So we get there, and Amy gets into the required backless gown, and she's hooked up to the fetal monitor in less than 3 minutes after being admitted. There's nothing sweeter than the sound of your baby's heartbeat when you have a scare like that. I'm not sure what caused his lack of movement, but he apparently was just having an off day. I thought he'd be more excited because the Lakers clinched the top seed in the West last night, AND it was mine and Kareem's birthday, but I guess he doesn't care about that stuff yet.
Anyway, I just wanted to update everyone and let you know that he's still safe in sound in the Hotel Womb, but he did give us a little scare. As we were sitting there in the hospital, I just looked at Amy, shook my head, and told her I don't feel ready to be in a constant state of worry for the rest of my life like this. It will be nice to have him physically here so we can keep an eye on him rather than trying to interpret his movements (or lack thereof). But I guess that's parenthood for you.
All is well...Stay tuned, he could get here anyday!
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
whew. i've been anxious to hear of any movement. glad you all are safe.
Post a Comment