Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Summer Break, the Big Move, and Cradle Cap

Hey everyone,

It's been a while since we've posted anything on here. Mostly because we've been super busy getting moved into our new place. For those of you that weren't aware, we decided to move from our 1 bedroom to a 2 bedroom place within our same complex. The reasons for this move are many but the three main reasons are 1) Will would have killed himself in our 1 bedroom once he starts crawling, he is going to need some room to roam, 2) Will has been sleeping in this little portable baby camping-type bed (pictured below), and we thought it would be nice if he could have a crib like most kids, and a crib necessitated another bedroom, 3) the biggest reason...to keep Amy from going beserk, our last place was so small that when anything was out of place, it felt cluttered. So since Amy will be spending most of her time indoors chasing Will around, this just made sense to do. However, the price tag is $1,200 a month, and half is being paid by the MBA program, and if that weren't the case, the preceding 3 reasons for the move would not have been good enough to get us out of our 1 bedroom palace.

An update on Will. If any of you are hoping to see him in his cute little infant state, you better get out here ASAP. This kid is growing like mad. I know that babies grow quickly, but this is starting to get ridiculous. He'll wake up from a nap and immediately needs to eat or he gets UPSET. After he's eaten and he's been changed is when he's the funnest. Also pictured below is his first smile picture. I don't know if he can recognize us by our faces, but if you make a total fool out of yourself and talk like a baby, he'll smile a lot. It's totally worth making a fool out of yourself.

Will is also rocking the cradle cap right now. If you don't know what cradle cap is, the best way to describe it is dandruff on steroids. It's very common of infants, and it can sometimes last until they are a year old or older. Our pediatrician recommended washing his hair with dandruff shampoo. We'll do that for a while and see if it does any good. If not, we'll just have to wait for it to run its course.

School's been out for about a week, and I start my internship with The Limited next week. I went down and met with my boss and he introduced me to my new co-workers. What a cool place. You walk in the building, and the first thing you see is a Bath and Body Works and White Barn Candle Company storefront, just like in the mall. There's a cafe there with really good healthy food for pretty good prices. And all the people there seem really cool. My assignment this summer is to try and help my department come up with a playbook for how to launch Limited's brands internationally, if and when they decide to do so. Perhaps the best part about this job is that I will probably be going to NYC a few times. Limited has corporate offices in New York; Victoria's Secret is near Times Square, and Bath and Body Works is in Soho. Because Limited has people that need to go there frequently, they have a company chartered plane that makes day trips out there and back. So I will probably get to finally go to New York, and eat at my favorite New York pizza joint Sbarro (bonus points for anyone who gets that joke).

Amy is doing great, as usual. I am continually amazed at how much of a natural she is with being a mom. I tell her all the time how lucky Will is to have her as a mom. She holds everything here together so well. It's been fun having some time to spend with both of them, it'll be kinda hard going back to work next week. And that will be especially hard since I'm sure Will is just going to be growing up even faster this summer. Anyway, everything is great here. We miss everyone and hope you're all well.

GO LAKERS!

6 comments:

AMY said...

Oh my gosh...that first pic of Will is to die for! I want to pick him up and plant little kisses all over that face! I'm glad I read this before I stuck your gift in the mail...(Finally, I know). Did your address change? Let me know and I'll hold off. Guess I could just text ya and find out! Ha! So cute...can't wait to meet him. Love you guys!

fagergrenfam said...

Brad and I are so glad you are doing well. We miss you guys! Will is adorable!! It looks like he has quite the personality. He's a McAllister...watch out! ha ha. Tamber finally taught me how to blog. Maybe we'll make it into the 21st century yet. For those who are interested the address is fagergrenfam.blogspot.com. love ya B & E

Emmy said...

Cute place! Still having trouble with cradle cap? Put a lot of baby oil on his head and lay him down on a towel for 20 minutes. Then, get a very soft scrub brush (did they give you the one from the hospital?) and just rub it right off. Repeat if necessary. Worked every time with me and never came back. Good luck with that!!

Emmy said...

Oh, reading this made me actually miss Limited Brands. The cafe also serves breakfast (best pancakes in town). When you walk into any Limited corporate office, you feel really important - it's so professional and styled. . .the Express building is really cool - neat stairways, the black front desk with everyone in black, looking like they walked out of a magazine. . it was so fun to work there! Enjoy your summer!

Erica said...

you guys kill me w/ the crib! it seems to be working for now, but w/ the way you're describing will the weed he'll outgrow it soon! good luck w/ your internship and i can't wait to see you in sept. amy! XOXOXO

Unknown said...

Cort, you are too funny! I love reading your posts because it's just like hearing you speak. You guys sound like you are adjusting perfectly to parenthood, and little Will couldn't be any cuter! Congrats on the cushy internship, I want to hear all about it. We'll see you soon!!!