Friday, October 17, 2008

Happy 6 Months Will





Will, next week you will be 6 months old! We can't believe how much you've grown and what an awesome personality you're developing every day. I just wanted to write down a few of the cute things you're doing right now.
  • You're really into feeling textures and whenever your hands come in contact with any kind of fabric, you constantly open and close your hand next to feel every part of it.
  • You hold your binky and chew on it and it makes the rubber squeaking noise.
  • When you don't want you binky, you take it out of your mouth and chuck it.
  • Sometimes when I put you in bed at night, I can hear you rubbing the hard plastic part of your binky against the slats of your crib and it sounds like you're a prisoner and trying to get out.
  • You still sleep great and I love being able to just put you in your crib and you'll fall asleep on your own in a few minutes.
  • You hardly ever cry- you just yell. Its really hard not to laugh when you're doing this.
  • You LOVE sleeping next to the edge of your crib (pictured above), so much so that Dad is afraid to put your bumper up in the case that you couldn't breathe.
  • You can smile on command and I wish I could take you to every sad person in the world. You always make everyone so happy.
  • You think that "the Wheels on the Bus" and "Pinball Wizard" are the funniest songs ever.
  • You're not completely mobile yet, but you can pretty much get to where you want to go via the 'scrunch up and nose dive' approach.
  • Your favorite thing in the world is your exersaucer. You bang on that thing so hard, I'm almost positive you're going to burst into tears because you've hit your hand. I can leave you in there for a half hour before you'll even look up.
  • I still come home from the gym every morning and you're watching Mike and Mike with Dad.
  • It's impossible to change your diaper or your clothes without you trying to roll over. I've gotten pretty good at changing your diaper while your butt is in the air.
  • Your legs are like 2 perfectly oiled pistons, constantly pumping with perfect rhythm and time. Your arms have started to follow and when you get excited we always know it because your whole body shakes when you smile. I love that happiness is a whole body experience for you.
  • I'm pretty sure you're going to be the next Michael Phelps because you have the swimming motions down pat. You also love to lay on the floor and just swim for a while. I would have a 24 pack if I did all the ab workouts you do everyday.
  • You yawn very loud and its one of our favorite sounds. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.
  • When you're down on the floor, it probably wouldn't matter if Mickey Mouse were down there playing with you, you would only want to try to get to the baby wipes container. Its pretty much your favorite thing to put your mouth on that mommy hates.
  • You're finally starting to suck on your thumb instead of just chewing on it.
  • If your thumb isn't in your mouth, your toes are.
  • You understand the "I'm gonna get you game" and you just laugh hysterically.
  • You're ticklish. Especially in the thigh area.
  • When you're tired, you pull on your ear. Its super cute and its nice to have a warning that you're tired before we both have a meltdown.
  • I think you finally get that we're your Mom and Dad.
  • You start smiling when you see me making you a bottle and when we put it in front of you, it's like you are going to disintegrate in 10 seconds if you don't get it into your mouth.

I'm sure there are a ton more things, but I'm just trying to keep a log somehow of the funny things you're doing. We love you Will, more than we ever thought possible.

4 comments:

Tamber said...

I love the yawn thing. He does yawn really loud and when you said that I remembered that from when you were here. It is so cute. I can't believe he is already 6 months. They grow up so fast.

Amy McAllister said...

First babies are the best! Everything they do is new and amazing. I wish I had been a blogging mommy back then...I don't have any great kid quirks written down. Those are great!

Erica said...

happy 6 months! i love all the reasons you love will!!!

Lauren said...

I loved this post! You are a very witty writer. I love that last picture too. I don't know if I've ever seen a happier kid!