Sunday, October 19, 2008

Homemade Christmas Presents




I'm just throwing this out there because I thought it was somewhat cute, creative and kinda proud of myself for thinking about it. In lieu of buying presents (because really, who has money for that this year?!), I thought of a good Christmas 'service' present. Give friends and family a mock gift certificate for a "Cookie of the Month Club" and make a different batch of cookies for them each month and send them out. How fun would it be if you got a box of homemade goodies each month!!


If anyone else has any ideas they are using this year, by all means let's use this as a forum for all of us out there trying to make meaningful gifts out of nothing:)


4 comments:

Dan and Shauna said...

what a great idea- you're so smart!

Tamber said...

Keep in mind that these are all goals, I am hoping to get them all done, but they may get cut back.....
For Emma I am making a cardboard box kitchen...I found this really cute idea...I'll see if I can find the link again, and then I am making a plethora of felt food. Then I am going to buy the cheap IkEA kids play kitchen set of pans. I am also making her and Marcus each a cape with their initials on them. For Marcus I am making a town on a piece of Canvas that he can drive his cars on. I like this idea better than buying on, cause it costs only a piece of canvas and pens and then you can personalize it and put 'grandpa Lynn's house' or Emma's Preschool, etc. I am also making Marcus a set of blocks and then painting them.
For all of my extended family I am starting their genealogy and doing a Family Tree Picture for them.

Tamber said...

Do you remember what Kim Wheelers blog is? or how you found it? If you remember please let me know

Emmy said...

Tamber - what's a family tree picture? That's intriguing to me!
Em Slusser