
I had seen the Dugger family on a few talk shows and thought they were just a weird family. They home school their kids (all 18 of them), don't buy hardly anything, and are what I considered fanatical Christians. I was in Barnes and Noble the other night and I picked up their book to look through it and thought I would find a few more weird characteristics about them. However, I was pleasantly surprised and actually sucked into this book until I read all of it sitting on the floor in the store in about 2 hours. Don't be that impressed, there were a lot of pictures. I was absolutely amazed at this family and while I didn't agree with everything they did, no one can argue their pure intentions. I've been reading a lot in the scriptures about having the 'faith of a little child' and I really think that's what this family is. They have such pure faith and they do everything they can to make things work out and then they leave the rest up to God and it always works out. They talked about quite a few instances where they had a business decision to make or a troubling family situation and they all knelt down as a family and spent time in ernest prayer and it really seemed like miracles happened to that family every time they did that. It was definitely an eye opening experience and I learned a lot. They have some wonderful teaching methods they do with their kids that I will definitely be doing here at home. But more than anything, I realized that I needed to make a better effort at having stronger faith. I definitely recommend this book if for nothing else to 'people watch' through a book.
No comments:
Post a Comment