Sunday, December 7, 2008

Camera SOS (HELP!)


The McAllister family is in the market for a new digital camera. Our trusty old one has vanished and we're pretty sure it got stolen. But we really need you help in finding a new one this week before we head out for Christmas vacation. We are looking for a point and shoot that takes pretty good pictures, but also does a good job at videos. I've read the reviews of a lot and it seems that getting good video quality isn't hard, but the sound is usually lacking. If you have a camera that you LOVE, please let us know. And if you have a camera that you Hate, please let us know:) And we're in the $150-$200 range.


5 comments:

Tamber said...

I have a canon powershot, and I like it. It seems to do fine on all of the above. The camera that you and I both had just busted recently. I havent had my new one but maybe a week, and it seems to be good.

Pete Stott said...

http://petestott.com/2008/02/mini-canon.html

Check that out. I'm very impressed with this camera and how well it performs all around with photo, video and sound. Let me know if you have any questions.

AMY said...

I just asked for the Nikon something or another. I've heard good things but haven't actually used one. Just think it's cute and it's in my price range.

Harada's said...

I dont know anything about cameras but I do have 2 pretty descent cameras and you are totally welcome to borrow one for your trip, if you dont want to rush into buying one. Just let me know =)

Nathan and Leone Grimley said...

We have a cannon s400 and we've had it for about 5 years. I think that for a point and shoot it takes really good pictures and video. I got it when it first came out and it was around $500, but you can get it a lot cheaper now. I did quite a bit of research before I bought it, but there may be something better out now.