Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Cort Quotes


My all time favorite thing about Cort is his sense of humor. Those of you who know him, know exactly what I'm talking about. Cortney has the quickest whit of anyone I know (rivaling Eric and Scott) and is the proud owner of many classic one-liners. In addition to this, Cortney has an incredibly eclectic taste in music. This post is to tribute both! I'm expecting a lot of comments from this post because everyone knows what I am talking about.

Warning to Cort: You may think that I am making fun of you, but I'm NOT. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this about you and everyone else does too. We're just reminiscing on the magic.

Specific people who should LOL at this post: Amy and Travis McAllister (probably the most), Pete Stott, the Stacey Sizzle, Kimmie, Brad and Ellen, Andrew and Lauren, and Tamber and Ike.


While driving with me on one of our first dates.
"Whitney Houston's Greatest Hits! I have that cd too! I love it!"

Describing Michael Jackson's career progression:
When "The Wall" came out, practically everyone was questioning their orientation."

While listening to classical music on the way to church:
"Babe, the Violas are the O-line of the orchestra. When they do their job, you hardly know they're there."

Cortney also claims that his 2 claim to fames should be that he listened to Jodeci before they were KC and JoJo and that he came up with the dunking the football on the goal before anyone in the NFL did it. One day I was at the gym and I took Cort's shuffle. I wish that I could just print his playlist because that would just be perfect, but I can't find it. Anyway, "Lately" by Jodeci was on there twice- once live and once from the regular recording. I guess just one version just wasn't enough to fuel him on the treadmill.
"If there's anything I've learned from George Strait, its that you don't get involved with a rodeo cowboy"- Cort

Last year for Valentines Day, Cortney gave me a mix cd entitled, "Early 90s R&B". Artists included En Vogue, Hi5, SWV, etc. Its one of my favorite cds to date.

On the way to church on Sunday we heard on the radio that Guy and Bobbi Brown were coming in concert and Cort was really excited to go because he didn't know when Bobbi Brown would be sentenced to life in prison and not be able to tour anymore.

"I wish I could do anything as good as black people sing"- Cort

When we were first married, there was an infomercial that was on all the time for a cd set called "Midnight Soul" and it was basically early 90s r&b and Cortney could literally sing along to every song that came on. It was so funny.


Remember when Rock and Roll Jeopardy was on VH1? I always wanted Cort to be on that show because we would honestly be millionaires. No one would have a chance if he were on there. I consider myself to be fairly knowledgeable about music, more than the average joe, but it's nothing compared to Cort. We play this game in the car sometimes of who can name the song on the radio first. I have yet to win this game.

Cortney has also been to almost every concert imaginable: Pearl Jam (5 times), Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Phil Collins, Bruce Springsteen, McHammer (2x!!!!), Keith Sweat, Bel Biv Devoe, George Straight, Live, Third Eye Blind, just to name a fraction of them (and I really mean fraction. I still don't know every concert he's been to- there's just that many).


So here's to you babe and your music! I love you!!
*The picture above is Cort and I at the OSU v. Michigan game. Easily the coldest game I've ever been to. I think the high that day was 23, but well worth it.

10 comments:

fagergrenfam said...

To comment on Cort's wide variety of music, to this day I can't watch the superbowl without thinking of purple rain. Thanks Cort! Love ya!

fagergrenfam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tamber said...

I love the quote about the Viola's being the O Line. Those are the types of quotes that I love about Cort

Emmy said...

Cute entry, Ames.

The Katzbox said...

I love Cort. I was telling Carma how stinkin' funny he is. I love it that he has a straight face when he delivers those lines. I hope we can see you when we come to C-bus for the babies' blessings at the end of March. Hugs to all of you! Debbie

Harada's said...

You rock Cortney! You are just about one of the coolest people I know. I LOVE that you can admit to liking whitney houston and MChammer, only a real man could admit to that =)
Amy you are one lucky lady.

Anonymous said...

Everytime I see or hear the album 'Third Eye Blind', I think of Cortney. And, I also remember his voicemail message set to 'Even Flow' by Pearl Jam.

Erica said...

love the R&B tunes!

Lauren said...

Only a crazy person wouldn't love a good Whitney Houston classic!

Andrew and Lauren said...

I can not disagree with my wife more--but don't judge me. Its nice to see somebody follow New Edition through every single one of their splinter groups. Nice.

Hey, I will only believe that field goal stuff when I see it live.